Community Forum

Ultra High Definition Sampler App Now Available on Select LG Smart TVs

Expert

Re: XG1v4 Arris TV-box (UHD tv testing)

I had started a post to see if Comcast was trashing the app (which was free) now that they had Netflx with the new 4k box.

They replied that they would be adding for shows in the near future. You confirmed what happened to me. We are both in TC area.

Thanks.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

I was able to get back onto the app this afternoon, 11/15/17. The app has a new version number: 2017_11_07. It does show they had the app off-line for some some work on the app.

The app worked ok but no new offerings just yet. Thank you for your reply, ComcastJoeTru. I am looking forward for more offerings.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Glad to hear you were able to get back onto the app. I will pass along your feedback regarding the available offerings. 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns. 

Expert

I was able to get back on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app this afternoon. There was a new version in January 2018.

There was also a message stating that the app would be shut down on 2/9/2018.

So much for the comment of a Comcast employee that the app would eventually get more content. He must have been misled.

Expert

It is time to remove this post, or maybe just unpin it.

The app was removed from all smart televisions yesterday, 2/6/2018.

Leaving it here just confuses people into thinking Comcast has 4K, when all there is Netflix, or possibly Olympics if it works.

Official Employee

wrote:

It is time to remove this post, or maybe just unpin it.

The app was removed from all smart televisions yesterday, 2/6/2018.

Leaving it here just confuses people into thinking Comcast has 4K, when all there is Netflix, or possibly Olympics if it works.

Unpinned and locked. Thanks!

Please note that as of February, 9, 2018, the Ultra HD Sampler app for Samsung and LG Smart TVs is no longer available for use.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.