Community Forum

Turner Classic Movies on demand

Frequent Visitor

Turner Classic Movies on demand

How is the decision made about which movies from TCM are posted to On Demand? Many times On Demand does not have the A-list movies that are aired on TCM’s cable channel. Since I can’t watch at the times they are aired, I wait to see them at the On Demand site, but all I get is a bunch of B movies. I actually like B movies but not all the time. For example, All About Eve  as well as Secrets and Lies were recently aired but did not play On Demand. These are only two of many films that don’t show up On Demand. Why aren’t all the TCM films posted to On Demand?

EmmaJay
Expert

Re: Turner Classic Movies on demand

@JobsforAmerica wrote:

How is the decision made about which movies from TCM are posted to On Demand? Many times On Demand does not have the A-list movies that are aired on TCM’s cable channel. Since I can’t watch at the times they are aired, I wait to see them at the On Demand site, but all I get is a bunch of B movies. I actually like B movies but not all the time. For example, All About Eve  as well as Secrets and Lies were recently aired but did not play On Demand. These are only two of many films that don’t show up On Demand. Why aren’t all the TCM films posted to On Demand?

Channels like TCM (Turner Classic Movies) are fighting for survival. They need viewers to watch their channel, and companies to advertise on their channel. Putting shows on ON DEMAND is just a small source of income for them. If people like you are not willing to watch the actual channel, both of these sources may soon disappear. That would really be a shame since they were among the first to salvage these old films.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Turner Classic Movies on demand

Watching a film at 5 a.m. or even 10 a.m. is not an option. On-demand provides viewers who don’t keep the telly on incessantly with options to watch films outside the framework of prime time airing or inconvenient hours. TCM should put all the films it airs on the on-demand site.

EmmaJay