Community Forum

Tivo VOD error - "in order to start cable service"

Regular Visitor

Tivo VOD error - "in order to start cable service"

I recently replaced my Tivo with a new Tivo Bolt and moved my CableCard over to it.   I did the self-activation.  I also upgraded my cable package from Digital Starter to Digital Preferred.  All the channels tune fine on the Tivo.  I don't use VOD often, but it seemed to work fine before the changes.  When I tried Xfininity Video On Demand today, all the shows on various networks show "In order to start cable service for this device, please contact your cable provider".  I sent a refresh signal from automated phone system, and power-cycled Tivo, but still the same error.  I called the # and spoke to someone, but the support personnel said the reason that I am getting this error is because Video On Demand no longer works on Tivo with CableCard, I have to upgrade to an X1 box if I want VOD now.  Is this true?  If not, can someone please help?

thanks

Official Employee

Re: Tivo VOD error - "in order to start cable service"

Hi B_777, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

ComcastPhill was able to fix me up quick.  Thanks much!

Official Employee

Hi b_777, thank you for working with me via private message and glad to get your VOD services working by correcting your Host ID.  Please feel free to reach out here if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you for your time