Community Forum

Tivo Roamio with Cable Card: No Xfinity On Demand

Frequent Visitor

Tivo Roamio with Cable Card: No Xfinity On Demand

Hello,

I am a new customer to Comcast and it has been a completely horrendous experience. It has been almost a week and I still do not have a completely functioning service!! When I try to access Channel 1 Video On Demand, I receive an error code "V53".

I have been trying to get my Tivo setup for the past week. After multiple visits to the comcast store to get different cable cards, I finally was able to pair the CableCard tonight. However, there is no xfinity On-Demand on Channel 1. After speaking with the 9th Comcast rep (within 3 days), I'm now being told that I have to pay an extra $7.95 to get an adapter that will allow me to access On Demand on Channel 1. My package clearly states it comes with StreamPix. How can I access this without on-demand? I cannot believe my entire expereince so far as a new Comcast customer has been this horrific. This is my last attempt to try and fix this and hope that someone can offer a resolution. Please help!!

Thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Tivo Roamio with Cable Card: No Xfinity On Demand

Employee ComcastTeds can help you with this. If he doesn't reply here, send him a Private Message at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

Official Employee

kp247 wrote:

Hello,

I am a new customer to Comcast and it has been a completely horrendous experience. It has been almost a week and I still do not have a completely functioning service!! When I try to access Channel 1 Video On Demand, I receive an error code "V53".

I have been trying to get my Tivo setup for the past week. After multiple visits to the comcast store to get different cable cards, I finally was able to pair the CableCard tonight. However, there is no xfinity On-Demand on Channel 1. After speaking with the 9th Comcast rep (within 3 days), I'm now being told that I have to pay an extra $7.95 to get an adapter that will allow me to access On Demand on Channel 1. My package clearly states it comes with StreamPix. How can I access this without on-demand? I cannot believe my entire expereince so far as a new Comcast customer has been this horrific. This is my last attempt to try and fix this and hope that someone can offer a resolution. Please help!!

Thank you!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get On Demand working for you on your TiVo Roamio. That team will review your account and contact you directly.

Thanks for your patience.

Frequent Visitor

Checking for any updates. So far, I ahve nto been contacted and issue remains unresolved. Please help. Thank you.

Official Employee

kp247 wrote:

Checking for any updates. So far, I ahve nto been contacted and issue remains unresolved. Please help. Thank you.

Apologies. I do see that we have made a few attempts to reach you via the phone number listed on your account (phone number ending in 5700).

Please advise if there is a better number where our team can reach you today. You can send that to me via PM (Private Message).

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

New Poster

Experiencing this issue since the beginning of Dec. of 2017 and nothing is wrong with the Comcast service OR my TiVo Roamio Plus.

Three Xfinity/Comcast technicians have been sent to my home.  Numerous cable cards have been used, all working on every aspect except for VOD.  When speaking to the TiVo tech support (first in December and again in January,) the TiVo tech support employees asked me to access the "Conditional Access" screen and read the information on that screen to them.  Everything on this screen was correct until we got to:  Authorization:  "FWK" 

Both times "FWK" was said to be incorrect.  Those first two TiVo reps said Authorization should say:  "S"

Today, speaking to TiVo customer support, we were given the same "runaround" about this being a Comcast issue, not a TiVo issue.  Today customer support with TiVo did not even CHECK the Condtional Access screen EVEN AFTER I TOLD HER THAT THE OTHER TIVO SUPPORT REPS HAD SAID THAT THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THAT SCREEN:

Fast Forward to....I asked for her supervisor at this point.

I explained to the supervisor the issues after she pretty much told me the same thing her customer support rep had told me.  I then asked her about the Conditional Access screen and mentioned that the rep today did not check that and that made no sense to me.  Why wouldn't she check that after I was told twice by TiVo reps that it WAS an issue.

So, the supervisor did some diagnostics on my DVR. 

As it turns out:  The TiVo supervisor said that for some reason there aren't any "groups" on my TiVo and that another department will have to add those "groups" to my TiVo when they come back to work on Monday, Jan. 22, 2018.  It takes 24-48 hours after they add these "groups" for the On Demand function to begin to work properly.

I might add (and this is important and worth noting) that this issue with On Demand not working began when a large cable channel lineup was pushed thru in early December 2017.  Apparently this was what caused these "groups" to "go missing," for lack of a better term.  

Comcast has been extremely helpful in trying to determine what was causing my issue with On Demand not working and they have sent three technicians to my home, the 3rd being a supervisor to be sure everything was working properly on Comcast's end.  Signal was perfect, everything and I mean EVERYTHING was checked all three times, inside the home, outside the home, modem was replaced, there was NOTHING WRONG on Comcast's end.: TiVo had told me twice that the authorization "FWK" was wrong and should be an "S" however that was the end of it.  Nothing else.  Nothing about why it could be incorrect OR what needed to be done.  The pat answer was always, "We love to help you with your TiVo On Demand but the error code CL14 is a Comcast error code and not a TiVo error code."  Turns out this CL14 is simply a time out code meaning my TiVo could not connect in a timely manner so it was giving us a time out code (CL 14.)  At the time I spoke with those two TiVo techs prior to today, I took their word for it and assumed it was something to do with Comcast.  However, after putting a new cable card in, today and pairing was perfectly done, I knew we had to get TiVo to take ownership of this issue and they FINALLY DID.

Today was the third time I called TiVo with the Comcast Cable Card Dept. in Tucson, AZ on the phone with me and the TiVo technician today did not even check the Conditional Access screen, even after I mentioned it to her and asked why the other TiVo people said the FWK WAS A PROBLEM.  That is when I asked for her supervisor and VOILA, the problem was diagnosed and it is NOT a Comcast issue it is a TiVo issue.  There is nothing wrong with my TiVo DVR that needs to be repaired, it's simply something that needs to be downloaded and put back on my DVR.

Solution:

Ask for a TiVo supervisor if Comcast has done everything and On Demand still doesn't work.