Community Forum

The good place season 3, Ep 6 "A Fractured inheritance" purchase only

New Poster

The good place season 3, Ep 6 "A Fractured inheritance" purchase only

The subject says it all.  The episode aired Oct. 31 yet is only available as a purchase.  Browsing the forum shows other users had similar problems one year ago.

New Poster

Re: The good place season 3, Ep 6 "A Fractured inheritance" purchase only

I noticed that as well when I tried to watch it. Why is this? I'm curious.

Problem Solver

Another NBC show has a missing (free view) episode.  Is the On Demand Support Team looking into this systemic problem?  By "last count" it's:

The Good Place

Blindspot

New Amsterdam

Manifest

Expert

Just to let you know.

NBC has an app that can be watched over the Internet. The app is free.

These shows are "free" on the app and are 1080p (Blu-ray quality). I just watched the Good Place episode yesterday morning, along with Superstore, just shown (first time) on NBC the night before.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

306 is still missing and now 307 in SD is also missing (HD is available)

Expert

Season 3, episodes 7 and 8, are on the NBC app (free) today 11/18/18.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello All, 

I just wanted to reach out to confirm whether or not you can now access the episodes for free? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Free view episodes 306 (SD & HD) and 307 (SD) are still missing from cable On Demand.

Problem Solver

No change...

Free view of episodes 306 (SD & HD) and 307 (SD) are still missing from cable On Demand.

New Poster

Was wondering if there has been an update on this? We are having the same problem with Episode 6.

We pay way too much every month to make going to other platforms/purchasing programming for a single episode to be worth it! Sigh.

Official Employee

Hello, 

I also tried searching for Season 3 Episode 6 and am only showing it as available for purchase. I'm going to reach out to the On Demand Team to see if they are aware and if it will be available for free, or if this was a decision made by the network to charge for this episode. I'll follow up once I receive an update. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

There was an encoding issue with this episode. We are re-ingesting the actual videos and they should be available on demand soon! Sorry for the gap and the created confusion.

Problem Solver

ComcastChe, 

There is more than one missing episode: 

Free view of episodes 306 (SD & HD) and 307 (SD) are still missing from cable On Demand.

307 in SD has been added - just 306 (SD and HD) missing.

Expert

@Bulkington wrote:

ComcastChe, 

There is more than one missing episode:

The NBC app has the episodes plus last night's episode. The app is "free" for anyone using a "smart" television, or one of the many IPV boxes on the market (that contains the NBC app), for anyone with Comcast (or other services for that matter).

Problem Solver

I am now seeing free view content for all the missing episodes.  Hope that's true for everyone. Smiley Happy