Community Forum

The agony of trying to watch Starz On Demand programming.

Contributor

The agony of trying to watch Starz On Demand programming.

Once upon a time I would go through the menues until I found a Starz film or series episode I wanted to watch, I would select it, and it would play.

Not any more.

Now I select an episode, and get a black screen. But if I hit PAUSE, I see that the timeline/counter at the bottom of the screen is advancing. The show is playing, I just can't SEE it.

I PAUSE, pull up show info again and hit RESUME. The program starts playing and I see trailers for upcoming Starz shows. No problem. Then the trailers transition to the On Demand program I want to see and the screen freezes on the Starz logo.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So I go into show info and hit RESUME once again, and my show finally starts, by which time I am so frustrated I can't think straight.

I'm paying almost $200 a month - A MONTH - for this sub par service. I have friends who cut the cable cord years ago who are screaming at me to do the same. The O N L Y reason I have Comcast and the X1 box is for convenience of use.

What is happening now is NOT convenient. Not at all. Oh, and did I mention the shakey-jittery playback of TCM movies recorded on my DVR, something that disappears when I delete my own DVR recording and watch TCM's On Demand version of the same movie?

WHY AM I PAYING ALMOST $200 A MONTH FOR THIS FRUSTRATION?

Please, tell me why.

Regular Contributor

Re: The agony of trying to watch Starz On Demand programming.

@Vacuous wrote:

Once upon a time I would go through the menues until I found a Starz film or series episode I wanted to watch, I would select it, and it would play.

Not any more.

Now I select an episode, and get a black screen. But if I hit PAUSE, I see that the timeline/counter at the bottom of the screen is advancing. The show is playing, I just can't SEE it.

I PAUSE, pull up show info again and hit RESUME. The program starts playing and I see trailers for upcoming Starz shows. No problem. Then the trailers transition to the On Demand program I want to see and the screen freezes on the Starz logo.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So I go into show info and hit RESUME once again, and my show finally starts, by which time I am so frustrated I can't think straight.

I'm paying almost $200 a month - A MONTH - for this sub par service. I have friends who cut the cable cord years ago who are screaming at me to do the same. The O N L Y reason I have Comcast and the X1 box is for convenience of use.

What is happening now is NOT convenient. Not at all. Oh, and did I mention the shakey-jittery playback of TCM movies recorded on my DVR, something that disappears when I delete my own DVR recording and watch TCM's On Demand version of the same movie?

Please, tell me why.

I am having the exact same problem.  I've had it for a month now.  Anyone from Comcast have a reason or resolution for this?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: The agony of trying to watch Starz On Demand programming.

@ThomT wrote:

@Vacuous wrote:

Not any more.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Please, tell me why.

I am having the exact same problem.  I've had it for a month now.  Anyone from Comcast have a reason or resolution for this?

After my initial reply I contacted support using chat.  After their normal checking and comming up with no problems on my end , they escalated the problem.  A few hours later a Comcast tech called.  After a review of the issue, he put me on hold and performed, what he called, an equipment reset on his end.  STARZ On-Demand has worked perfectly for me ever since.