Community Forum

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil - PPV Event Information

Administrator

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil - PPV Event Information

NOTE: We will proactively issue a $19.99 credit to any Xfinity TV customer who purchased "The Match" pay-per-view event. No action is needed. The credit will automatically be added to your account.

Image result for the match tiger vs phil

Capital One’s The Match features a once in a lifetime head-to-head, 18 hole duel between 14-time major championship winner Tiger Woods and five-time major championship winner Phil Mickelson.

Date
11/23/18

Time
2:00 PM ET - Pre-show

Pricing
$19.99

NOTE: We are aware some customers may be seeing different pricing information for this event. Customers who order "The Match" should only be charged $19.99 for SD and HD.

**Note**: Pricing is the same for the SD and HD versions of this PPV.

To Order Pay Per View with your Comcast Remote and TV Box
  • For X1 TV Boxes:

1. Locate the event you wish to order. See Find Pay Per View Events with Your X1 Menu for details.
    2. On the event's information window, use the arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Order Only. Press the OK button on the remote to purchase the event.
      • Tune to the event in order to watch, and your account will be charged.
    3. You can also select Order & Record to order and record the event for later viewing on your DVR. Press OK to confirm the recording.
      • Your TV Box will tune to the event when it airs and you will be charged for the event.
    4. In either case, an Order PPV window opens on the screen. Press OK to confirm your purchase.
    5. A confirmation message then displays. Press the OK button on the remote to dismiss the message.
    6. When the event airs, remember to tune to the correct channel to watch your selection. If you set the event to record, you can find the content under the Recordings option of the Saved menu.

• For Non-X1 TV Boxes:

1. Press the Menu button twice on your Comcast remote control.
    2. Select Pay-Per-View Events from the main menu.
    3. Highlight the program you want to watch and press the OK/Select button on your Comcast remote control.
      • Note: If you do not subscribe to HD service, do not purchase the Pay Per View event in HD. SD customers can only watch SD broadcasts of Pay Per View programs, even with an HD television set. The SD and HD broadcasts will air on different channels.
    4. Select the Buy icon.
    5. Press the Exit button to return to watching TV, or press the Menu button twice to return to the Main Menu.
    6. A reminder is automatically set when a Pay Per View program is ordered and will appear on your screen when the program is about to begin.

Comcast Business customers can call Comcast directly to order this event at 1-800-391-3000

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Tiger & Phil Match

I will be out of town when this match is airing at 8 pm on 11/23.  I want to order it as it's Pay Per View and DVR it to watch later.  How is this done?

New Poster

Re: The Match: Tiger vs. Phil - PPV Event Information

Will I be able to stream the event on my mobile device (via WiFi) if I’m traveling that day?
New Poster

Re: Tiger & Phil Match

You can dvr! Why does my xfinity show it is $29.99. Not paying that much
Regular Visitor

Can you please confirm whether this event can be DVR'd and/or whether replays will be available? I am not able to watch live. Thanks.

New Poster

Why does it say $29.99  I thought it was $19.95  ??

New Poster

I would order this, but I'm away from home. We use TiVo products at home. I was going to purchase the ppv from my phone and manually record on the TiVo, but nowhere does Comcast even list what channel the event is on. Not one page dealing with the event event has a link to ask for help. I'm not calling in and trying to explain this over the phone with comcast's telephone service. That would be way too frustrating.
New Poster

I have a cable card in a TiVo Roamio. How do I watch this event?

New Poster

It's like Comcast doesn't even know some folks prefer a DVR different than what they want you to rent from them.
New Poster

Can I record it and watch it live?

@Arguslives wrote:

Can you please confirm whether this event can be DVR'd and/or whether replays will be available? I am not able to watch live. Thanks.

New Poster

RE:  PPV On Demand "The Match", if I hit "Order and Record" prompt, will I be able to begin viewing the PPV broadcast live at 2p ET, then stop viewing at 4p ET, and still be able to return to viewing the recorded portion of the broadcast at a later time??

Please Advise.  Thanks!

New Poster

-Is it possible to rent Tiger vs Phil if I have a Tivo system w/an xfinity cable card? I can't find the event on On Demand or on any channel in the xfinity guide.

-Is the price $19.99 or $29.99?

-Does anyone at xfinity answer any of these customer questions??

New Poster

Order it on the automated phone line at 800comcast. It’s 19.99 in hi def. weird !

Official Employee

Hello, Rudy3003. Also, to anyone else who has asked, yes, you can record the Pay Per View. I do this myself when I watch UFC/Boxing fights, I might miss if I am working. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

HD version is showing CDOC UPLINK HD. Had to switch to the SD version for the pre match. What is up with the HD version not being on?
Official Employee

Curt331, dbg, SE613, here is an article thats talks about PPV events and certain TiVo/Cable Card products. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/what-is-cablecard

New Poster

For some reason I can’t get it to stream in HD? I pay for HD service, bought it in HD and it won’t tune to the channel (829). I had to buy SD, that’s all that plays?
New Poster

I purchased The Match and it isn’t loading and says error code XRE-00015
New Poster

I purchased, but get an XRE-00015 error when trying to tune in to the channel. I am forced to restart my X1 box each time I try.
New Poster

I have a Tivo Romio and ordere TvsP via the comcast website. I couldn't figure out how to find it since nothing was showing in the Xfinity On Demand app. Called Comcast support and they said to switch to channel 454 and there it was! It was a channel I had screened out a long time ago. Re-enabled it and good to go.

New Poster

When I go on th einternet and conduct a search to determine which channel a ppv event is on and it takes me to your website, I would like to think the answer to my ques. would be there.  I am respectfully asking that for future ppv (and I have bought and paid for this one) please, as a side note, have that inf avaialbe there.

Thank you!

Official Employee

I am currently looking into the issues you have all be experiencing. I am waiting on communication for this instance and will post any updates. Thank you all for your patience. 

New Poster

can i stream this through xfinity?

New Poster

Are we going to able to watch this? Error message on the box and unable to find it anywhere on Xfinity Stream.

New Poster

I just called and pretty much got no answer, got put on hold and then disconnected. The agent went to check with the “video team” went to check to make sure it was “available” in HD. Come on man.... it’s almost 2019.
Official Employee

To all who are seeing a pricing issue, this is happening on our older style boxes. It is displaying incorrectly, but should charge you the correct amount of $19.99.

Also, a large number of errors are happening to customers who credit limit, which is used to buy PPV, is at limit, or was not increased a head of time. If you are seeing an error, you can private message me your full name to double check. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

its not working on my x1 system,  

New Poster

Not working on my end xre-00015
Regular Visitor

Why is this showing up to pay $28.99 when you advertised it to be $19.99?
New Poster

It’s in 4K too?! Xfinity is usually the best too, what’s going on? SD is not good, especially on a 4K TV. This forum is misleading because theres no Comcast rep responding or monitoring with real solutions.
New Poster

Keep getting This channel should be available shortly.  Any updates?

Regular Visitor

I just ordereed The Match Woods v. Mickelson which is on now. This ad and other info onb COmcast says its 19.99 but tv screen said its 29.99. I expect to be billed 19.99. Is that correct?
Contributor

Same. And that error code is not listed on the website.....where it tells you to go for help. Anyone know what to do?

New Poster

I am experiencing the error message, but I can not figure out how to private message you to have it addressed

New Poster

Is the HD channel working yet?

Contributor

No
New Poster

Between current outages in the area having to unplug my set-top box frequently poor Wi-Fi connection and billing issues I am very close to cancelling my service. I am trying to watch a current pay-per-view tiger vs. Phil and has been interrupted numerous times. not good
Official Employee

If you are experiencing the  XRE-00015 error, can you please private message me? To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

It’s not going to work. I’m not sure how this got messed up.
New Poster

Same Error ! I gonna lose the event !
New Poster

Error RDK-03033. Missing most of the event so far
New Poster

I have a TiVo Bolt wanted to share for other TiVo users. Tried to order online and got an error saying to call 1-877-680-7173. Called and they added it for me in 2 minutes and I’m now watching in HD on channel 870.
New Poster

Just spent 2 hours plus on the chat and phone with Xfinity and got two different answers. Still no HD signal for this event. Very disappointing!!!
New Poster

And RDK-03003
New Poster

Glad to hear you can at least watch it. I guess I will have to go on the internet to see who is winning. Have had no signal or intermittent signal since 11 a.m. it is now 5. I am sure it will be fixed for all the primetime shows tonight. Better be getting a refund.
New Poster

This is the 3rd different error code. RDK-03006