Community Forum

Tesla’s Death Ray: missing latest 2 episodes

Problem Solver

Tesla’s Death Ray: missing latest 2 episodes

Discovery Channel’s last 2 airings of Tesla’s Death Ray were:
A) Search for the Lost Lab (Jan 9)
Suspect in Serbia (Jan 16)

Neither appear in the SD or HD menus, and do not come up on ‘Search’. The Jan 9 episode does show up in the Xfinity Stream App, though.

I sent a tweet to Discovery Channel over the weekend but it did no good so far. Can Comcast reach out?
Admin1

Re: Tesla’s Death Ray: missing latest 2 episodes

Hi ForrestS -- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded this over to our On Demand team for further assistance. They will work with Discovery to see if these episodes should be available. 

Problem Solver

Discovery now has all 4 episodes available online (via Xfinity Streaming app) but there is still a problem with the more important (for true TV viewing) SD and HD platforms.

Specifically, episode 2 “ Search for the Lost Lab” remains missing. Likely, this is because episode 1 is posted twice. I.e., instead of posting episode 102, they posted a duplicate of 101. Can the On Demand Team reach out again to have Discovery fix that?
Problem Solver

Thanks, but it is still broken: Episode 101 is there twice, 103 and 104 are there. But not 102. Have Discovery Channel team members given the On Demand team any info on when they’d fix this?
Admin1

ForrestS -- Discovery has not given us an ETA on when this will be resolved. We'll continue working with them on having the missing episode delivered. 

Admin1

ForrestS -- These episodes are now showing available. Can you confirm you're able to see them?

Silver Problem Solver

It looks like Discovery Channel has given up on it, probably due to low ratings. The main Discovery Channel does not appear to be carrying the final episode, and instead has moved it to the Science channel on Sunday.

Admin1

andyross & ForrestS -- Are you able to confirm that you're able to see these episodes On Demand?

Problem Solver

Ditto what andyross said: ep 1-4 all available but ep 5 (changed to air on Thurs 01 Feb, but I can’t confirm it did) “Superweapon Unleashed” is not available.

They did fix the original problem of ep 2 being missing. If they’re giving up on the series, we’re done here.
Silver Problem Solver

As mentioned, the final episode 5 aired on Science this past Sunday (Feb 11.) Since Science is part of the Preferred package, I don't know if Discovery Networks will make it available through the regular Discovery Channel in some form (OnDemand, DiscoveryGo, etc...)

Official Employee

The original missing episode issue looks to have been resolved. As far as the episode that just aired, we upload the content provided to us by the networks. For more information on how to request channel content, please visit: ​https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/