Community Forum

TV show "Reef Break" not on On Demand

Contributor

TV show "Reef Break" not on On Demand

The new TV series on ABC "Reef Break" is not listed on On Demand. The first episode was on 6-20-19.Will this be getting listed in On Demand?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: TV show "Reef Break" not on On Demand

I can’t speak for X1, but for Legacy, you will find episode 1, either HD or SD, by going to “Search” and entering “REEF”.

On Demand Team needs to create show links for better convenience, but for now “Search” is a backstop.
Contributor

ForestS Thanks for the reply.. I did the search but it isn`t there either.  So Far it is not listed in a search for Reef, under network and ABC, and under tv shows under R.  Is there any other way I can find out why I don`t get this show.  I have always gotten any other shows that I have wanted but this one is not listed.

Bronze Problem Solver

@AlanJ wrote:

I did the search but it isn`t there either.

Are you X1 or Legacy (i.e., non-X1)?  I am Legacy.  Reps tell me that X1 On-Demand content are separate from Legacy, thus omissions can differ between the two.  

On Legacy, a Search specifying REEF gives a result titled “Reef Break S1 Ep1”.

Contributor

@ForrestS wrote:  Are you X1 or Legacy (i.e., non-X1)?  

@AlanJ wrote:

My bill says X1 but I don`t have any fancy equipment.. same box for over 10 years, no dvr or voice remote.  I have rebooted the box but still no luck.

Bronze Problem Solver

That’s weird. Everything I’ve read about X1 says you need a different box. But that’s for X1 features, maybe you lack all of them but get fed X1 content instead of Legacy content?!

You’ll need to have a Comcast rep help you. I’m just a guy. Would also help if a full-fledged X1 customer could confirm whether they see the episode missing.
Contributor

Okay, .. Thanks Forrests for your efforts. Hopefully, one of the Comcast people here on the forum can help.

Official Employee

Hi, AlanJ. 

Thank you for your patience and thank you, ForrestS for trying to help. 

Let me check into your account and see what I can do. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have xfinity full package and Reef break is NOT on demand. So annoying. Neither is Younger. Hope that helps. It us however on Showbox app for free. Casted to my tv via chromecast or allcast app. Good luck
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

This one appears a bit crazy, so I’ve attached what comes up on ‘Search’ for Legacy On Demand. If you don’t see this, then your box (apparently?!) is configured to access X1 On Demand.

It’s important to get to the bottom of the originator’s issue. I shrugged last week, learning that X1 and Legacy files were of different formats. I figured it just meant that people needed to cite their box / platform type when reporting missing On Demand items. But if there are cases where it is not obvious which On Demand repository feeds any given customer’s cable box...then lordie what a confusing long-term situation THAT would be.

63A42382-03C8-4B4B-8B96-DD094780788E.jpeg
New Poster

Not on demand on xfinity but I am watching it on Showbox app for free. Casted to my tv via chromecast or allcast app.
Contributor

I just checked again this morning and it still doesn`t show up either in search or by tv shows. My billing says X1 but my equipment is the sam as I always had for years. Just a remote and a cisco box.

Problem Solver

I'm a longtime non-X1 customer, and like @ForrestS, when I seclect "Search" from the last page of the On Demand Menu and enter the Keyword "REE" I can access the difficult-to-find episodes.

Will a Comcast employee please assist @AlanJ so he may watch this show without having to utilize a 2nd & 3rd party?

Contributor

@ComcastMartin wrote:

Hi, AlanJ. 

Thank you for your patience and thank you, ForrestS for trying to help. 

Let me check into your account and see what I can do. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

ComcastMartin, I sent you a PM on 6-27-19. Were you able to check into this?

Contributor

Just checked today and Reef Break is finally listed..

Official Employee

Hello, AlanJ. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!