Community Forum

TCM On Demand incomplete movie and another out of sync

Regular Contributor

TCM On Demand incomplete movie and another out of sync

Tried to watch TCM On DEMAND "Action In Arabia"  but skips beginning of movie and jumps into movie.  Tried both HD and SD version.

So gave up and switched to another  ON DEMAND title BERLIN EXPRESS.  About twenty minutes into movie went wildly out of sync. I've dealt with TCM's chronic out of sync issues before BUT NEVER OCCURRED ONCE  INTO A MOVIE THAT STARTED IN SYNC..

So I gave up watching ON DEMAND by trying other titles.

Am I the only one to experience this?

Stephen L 

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand incomplete movie and another out of sync

Just  tried same two TCM On Demand movies on my non HD SD CRT TV. Same problem IN SD ---- "Action  in Arabia" jumps into movie instead of starting at beginning.

And, "Berlin Express" jumps out of Sync about half an hour into movie. So a complete waste of time!  Of course, Xfinity's annoying ads precede each TCM On Demand movie. Disgusting to be haunted by Xfinity ads on TCM!

Getting ever closer to dumping extremely costly in money and constantly problematic  Comcast/Xfinity and switch to Direct TV and A T & T Internet.

Stephen L

Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

Just  tried same two TCM On Demand movies on my non HD SD CRT TV. Same problem IN SD ---- "Action  in Arabia" jumps into movie instead of starting at beginning.

And, "Berlin Express" jumps out of Sync about half an hour into movie. So a complete waste of time!  Of course, Xfinity's annoying ads precede each TCM On Demand movie. Disgusting to be haunted by Xfinity ads on TCM!

Getting ever closer to dumping extremely costly in money and constantly problematic  Comcast/Xfinity and switch to Direct TV and A T & T Internet.

Stephen L

Apologies. I have alerted our On Demand team who will work with TCM and their provider to investigate and get this resolved. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for your patience.

Regular Contributor

December 11 from Comcast Teds: : RE: Apologies. I have alerted our On Demand team who will work with TCM and their provider to investigate and get this resolved. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for your patience.

December 14 : RE my patience:  Still not resolved. Just tried TCM ON DEMAND 'ACTION IN ARABIA' again as I have two to four times every day since I initially tried to watch and then  reported. 

And another Comcast frustration for me and others!

See postings re MSNBC:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Bad-signal-MSNBC/m-p/3016375#M89684

Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

December 11 from Comcast Teds: : RE: Apologies. I have alerted our On Demand team who will work with TCM and their provider to investigate and get this resolved. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for your patience.

December 14 : RE my patience:  Still not resolved. Just tried TCM ON DEMAND 'ACTION IN ARABIA' again as I have two to four times every day since I initially tried to watch and then  reported. 

Apologies. I do see that the team does have an open ticket for this (INC1194428 for my reference) that is being worked. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue here in Philadelphia so this may be a localized issue that may be taking longer to track down. 

Apologies again. I will take a look at the other thread that you linked above. 

Regular Contributor

That's incredible TCM ON DEMAND 'ACTION IN ARABIA'  starts from beginning for you in Philadelphia but not on either of my TVs.

No use pursuing issue since 'ACTION IN ARABIA 'TCM ON DEMAND ENDS TODAY December 15.  So Comcast lucks out again! I tried it one last time and still won't start from beginning.  But, I'm not in Philadelphia!

Stephen L

Official Employee

SLannes wrote:

That's incredible TCM ON DEMAND 'ACTION IN ARABIA'  starts from beginning for you in Philadelphia but not on either of my TVs.

No use pursuing issue since 'ACTION IN ARABIA 'TCM ON DEMAND ENDS TODAY December 15.  So Comcast lucks out again! I tried it one last time and still won't start from beginning.  But, I'm not in Philadelphia!

Stephen L

Apologies, I wasn't trying to be dismissive of this issue - the fact that it is working here in Philadelphia and not where you are is telling and points to a possible localized issue on our end or on your end. The team continues to track that down but the movie as checked (the mpeg file) via the original asset appears to have checked out fine on our end and on TCM's end. 

I am sending you a TCM Holiday DVD set with our compliments. That should arrive next week. I also am obtaining a DVD of Action in Arabia for you as well, but that isn't expected to arrive until early January.

Apologies again and best wishes for a happy holiday. 

Regular Contributor

Dear Comcast Teds,

Not necessary.but very thoughtful of you for sending DVDs. 

Happy Holidays to you too.

Thanks again,

Stephen L

P.S. Except for "Action in Arabia' and 'Berlin Express" (goes out of sync about half hour into movie)  all other TCM On Demand movies we've watched  play fine.

Regular Visitor

TCM ondemand not displaying any movies here in NE for more than a week.  Need to get this fixed.  Restarted box  makes no difference.  Also HBO is the same, no ondemand displayed.  Can this be fixed?