Community Forum

TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

Contributor

TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

There used to be 80+ movies available on TCM On Demand.  The total offering has been shrinking and is now down to just 34.  Something like this happened a few years ago, when somebody wasn't doing their job.  Please fill up our TCM OD buckets as before!  

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

If Comcast responds I'd be shocked.  I've tried every method ---phone and  postings to no avail.  I'm convinced Comcast is not monitoring postings.  Every answer through TCM site has been  to use http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm?ecid=mainnav1watchtcm

and thus watch on your computer I-Pads etc.

Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

Now there are just 26 movies in TCM On Demand.  I can watch more on-line, but I prefer to see motion pictures on my TV.  I hope more will be added SOON!  

Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

The problem has been going on since about Wednesday of last week, when films for TCM via On Demand were added but only in HD or SD versions, not both.  And the additions were few in number.  Now the few added films all expire within a day or two because they were broadcast on TCM close to a week ago.  I didn't see any films from Friday, Saturday or yesterday offered through TCM's On Demand list.  

 

Overall, the number of films available are expiring and not being replaced, with increasingly fewer films listed, which was the same problem from two years ago. The last time this happened, Comcast said the problem involved a third party vendor handling the transfer of films from TCM to Comcast.  Comcast, you need to look into this and sort this out. 

 

I pay a lot of extra money for that additional tier in order to watch TCM and its On Demand listings.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

RE:   Comcast, you need to look into this and sort this out.....

 

It appears Comcast doesn't  monitor postings so I don't envision them resolving with WarnerMedia who is now the parent company of TCM (due to A T & T Time Warner merger).

 

Hope I'm wrong.

 

 

Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

It's getting better: there are 47 movies as of this morning.  Hope more are added and soon.  TCM On Demand on TV is my favorite place.

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

Is still a mess. Few additions and not recently aired important titles.  Had to watch Fail Safe at 5:15 AM this morning because I am certain won't be in TCM On Demand.  Or if so, probably will be SD version not HD and HD.  Scan the list today and you'll see for yourself.  I'm confident Comcast does not view these complaints.

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

TYPO Correction: Or if so, probably will be SD version not HD and SD

Official Employee

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

Apologies for the delay in responding.

 

I do see 59 titles available from TCM On Demand right now. Certainly, not all content from TCM is available On Demand. We provide the On Demand content (and in the format) that TCM provides to us.

 

TCM also provides a different offering of On Demand titles to video providers that what they offer via their Watch TCM website. http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/films/?ecid=subnavmoviesondemand

There are other classic WB films are also available as On Demand options to rent or buy – but these WB titles are not provided by TCM On Demand.

The provider of the content is clearly labeled on each title screen.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage


@SLannes wrote:

Is still a mess. Few additions and not recently aired important titles.  Had to watch Fail Safe at 5:15 AM this morning because I am certain won't be in TCM On Demand.  Or if so, probably will be SD version not HD and HD.  Scan the list today and you'll see for yourself.  I'm confident Comcast does not view these complaints.


FAIL SAFE is now FINALLY on TCM ON DEMAND in both HD and SD versions. WAS AIRED LAST MONDAY JULY 9. Thus, a full week after airing!

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage


@ComcastTeds wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding.

 

I do see 59 titles available from TCM On Demand right now. Certainly, not all content from TCM is available On Demand. We provide the On Demand content (and in the format) that TCM provides to us.

 

TCM also provides a different offering of On Demand titles to video providers that what they offer via their Watch TCM website. http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/films/?ecid=subnavmoviesondemand

There are other classic WB films are also available as On Demand options to rent or buy – but these WB titles are not provided by TCM On Demand.

The provider of the content is clearly labeled on each title screen.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

 

IF YOU WILL CHECK TCM ON DEMAND  AGAIN YOU WILL SEE TCM'S INCLUSION OF WARNER BROTHERS 'KEY LARGO (1948)' IN BOTH HD AND SD.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage


@SLannes wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Apologies for the delay in responding.

 

I do see 59 titles available from TCM On Demand right now. Certainly, not all content from TCM is available On Demand. We provide the On Demand content (and in the format) that TCM provides to us.

 

TCM also provides a different offering of On Demand titles to video providers that what they offer via their Watch TCM website. http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/films/?ecid=subnavmoviesondemand

There are other classic WB films are also available as On Demand options to rent or buy – but these WB titles are not provided by TCM On Demand.

The provider of the content is clearly labeled on each title screen.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused.

 

IF YOU WILL CHECK TCM ON DEMAND  AGAIN YOU WILL SEE TCM'S INCLUSION OF WARNER BROTHERS 'KEY LARGO (1948)' IN BOTH HD AND SD.

 


ALSO, see 'DOCTOR MONICA' --------  WARNER BROS! 

Official Employee

Re: TCM On Demand Movies Shrinkage

Understood. There is TCM On Demand content and there is also WB On Demand content. The content can overlap based on specific rights and contracts. WB films can be and are often included as a part of the TCM On Demand offerings. 

There are also additional WB films available to rent or to buy that are not included as part of the TCM On Demand offerings.