Community Forum

TCM On Demand-Movies Appear in Boxes?!

Contributor

TCM On Demand-Movies Appear in Boxes?!

Hey

So if I watch tcm live the picture is fine. When I watch it on demand many films appear in a black box. Black on all four side sof the picture-hugely frustrating! It seems this happened before on demand-is it tcm or comacast that needs to fix this?

Contributor

Re: TCM On Demand-Movies Appear in Boxes?!

It looks like the sd and hd options  are one. the sd option is in hd appearance-yikes!

Expert

What type of television are you using to watch these movies?

I looks to me like you are using an old analog television. The cable channels are all digital signal now. Since the movies are all old and in 4:3 screen format that would be what is happening.

If you have a digital television use the tv remote to change the picture size. Does your remote have a button to change picture size?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

thanks for replying to me! Well.. on other on demand itemss with other channels the sd on demand is full box- the hd is not. but the tcm seems in hd mode no matter which you pick-sd or hd! odd- and yes i have a older tv.