Community Forum

Survivor s38 ep 11

Frequent Visitor

Survivor s38 ep 11

Show aired 4-24-19 plays until around 8min 50 sec then ends even though it shows about an hour on the full time. Anyone else having this problem?
New Poster

On demand survivor ep 11 cutting off

I cannot view the entire Survivor Episode 11 on demand, it cuts off around 15 minutes.  I restarted my box a couple of times, it didn’t work,

New Poster

Latest Survivor episode only 9 minutes long

The latest episode of Survivor (4/24/2019) starts off fine. However, after approximately 9 minutes, it cuts off. When I try to resume watching it, it starts back at the beginning.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Latest Survivor episode only 9 minutes long

The same thing happened with me this morning. The thing that really angers me most about it, is when that happens, you can't fast forward. You have to watch the whole thing again. So, I wasn't sure if I did something or not and watched it again, and it did the same thing. Arrrrg!!! 

Frequent Visitor

Yeah I watched it 3 times. First time I thought I sat on my remote. So watched again. The third time to check what time it stops.
Regular Visitor

Re: Survivor s38 ep 11

Yes!  The same thing happened to me.  Infuriating!  Started over (because it wouldn't let me do anything else and it happened again around 20 minutes!  I don't want to keep watching the same parts of the show over and over.  Comcast, fix this please!

Regular Visitor

Re: On demand survivor ep 11 cutting off

Yes!  The same thing happened to me.  Infuriating!  Started over (because it wouldn't let me do anything else and it happened again around 20 minutes!  I don't want to keep watching the same parts of the show over and over.  Comcast, fix this please!

Regular Visitor

Frequent Visitor

duplicate reply deleted / see: " On demand survivor ep 11 cutting off

Frequent Visitor

This has happened to me before and I didn't do anything about it, but I decided to chat with Customer Service about this today, and they scheduled a tech visit. I tried to explain that the same thing happens online (what about you?), so it's probably not a cable box issue, but the representative did some remote diagnostics and insisted that my "cable Network signal" is "getting low." I'm doubtful it will help, but I'll see!

New Poster

Yeah this happened to me too. It’s DEF not a cable box issue because it’s also happening on my iPad
New Poster

Survivor Season 38 Episodes 4-24-19

Why is Survivor Season 38 Episode 4-24-19 not play right?

It keeps stoping 25 min in and starts over.

This is very annoying, Please have someone fix it.

It is not my box, I allreay reset it my box  and it did it again .

Regular Visitor

Re: Survivor Season 38 Episodes 4-24-19

Last nights Survivor episode only plays to when the reward challenge gets ready to start.  When I look at the On Demand timelstamp, when last nights episode is in playback, only 8 minutes and 34 seconds seems to be available as if that is how long the episode is.  Weird.  I have unplugged my box and let the system reboot but only 8 minutes and 34 seconds of April 24th Survivor episode is available to me On Demand. Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

My Xfinity experience seriously suqks today if any Comcast tech support is reading any of this. !! Still waiting for a fix!!
Regular Visitor

Survivor Season 38 Ep 11

Survivor Season 38 Ep 11 on demand cut short afer 8 minutes and 34 seconds. This is that way on both TV and Xfinity and internet.

Frequent Visitor

I found the response below in the forum, that sounds like something that could help...how can we get Xfinity to get on the horn with CBS? 
Re: On Demand Shows Cutting Off Before the End
from: ComcastMorgan Official Employee    date:  08-29-2018 04:01 PM
..."I completely understand your frustration with the on demand content and shows cutting off too early. We actually upload content that is supplied to us by the networks themselves to our on demand platform. Since we do not own all of the networks, the content gets supplied to us by them. Does this seem to be happening with one particular network? If so, we'll need to partner with them to get that fixed. Let me know. "

New Poster

Having the same issue. So frustrating! Can we please get this issue resolved?
New Poster

Same issue as everyone else has described. Only a portion of the latest episode of Survivor is viewable.

Please advise.
Regular Visitor

As of today, 4/26/19, the episode of Survivor s38 ep11, original air date of 4/24/19, can only be viewed if purchased..........SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!   Smiley Sad

New Poster

Survivor 38 Episode from4-24-19

The Survivor 38 Episode from 4-24-19 is now gone from ON DEMAND!!! Please put it back ON DEMAND!! This is a show I assume a lot of people watch. What gives!!!
Official Employee

Hello Dmuva. We appreciate you visiting and posting on our Forums. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this fixed. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi MovieLover5. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this fixed. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

What is the answer? Im seeing the same thing (first ep 11 stopped at 8 minutes then it appears in ondemand as "Buy")?
Regular Visitor

This redirected me so I don't know who I am sending this to.  This is a network problem, not a box problem.  It doesn't matter if I try to play Survivor s38 ep11 on my computer on try to pull it up on my TV, I would have to buy the episode that just aired Wednesday, April 24, 2019.  A Tech coming to my home is not going to fix this problem.

New Poster

CBS is controlling Survivor On Demand. Now they want you to pay for it. Wait till next week and try again.

New Poster

CBS is controlling Survivor On Demand. Now they want you to pay for it. Wait till next week and try again.

Frequent Visitor

Something similar happened to me with another show (two episodes combined) and the full episode was EVENTUALLY available to watch. I guess we have to wait it out. I already read some spoilers while looking this up. Oh well Smiley Happy.
I'm going to take it as a GOOD SIGN that the episode's "not there" right now and that these messages were consolidated here. 
I hope everyone's having a nice weekend! Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Yes had same problem and now it's says I have to purchases it.
Regular Visitor

FYI-I asked a couple of friends to try to watch this at home to test it out:

The friend with Charter/Spectrum cable WAS able to watch (she said she fast-forwarded, and saw the tribal council part), but the friend with Xfinity X1 had the same issue I had (episode showed it was an hour long, but stopped after 8 minutes).
I noticed the episode 11 isn't even available to purchase anymore. I'm hoping they're working on getting it back before the next episode airs.

Frequent Visitor

Has anyone actually had a tech visit over this? I'm curious to know if anything comes out of it.
I ended up canceling mine since I didn't think it would help at all, and didn't feel like wasting everyone's time.

New Poster

Same for me.  After several days having the playback end after only a few minutes on every box and PC, now it won't allow me even try to play this episode unless I buy it.  Contacted Comcast chat again today and the tech was clueless about the entire CRS-OnDemand problem (never understood me and kept wanting to reset my system).  Very frustrating.  An update from Comcast would do a lot to alleviate customer frustration.

New Poster

I have had this problem in the past when trying to watch survivor. I stopped watching previous seasons because of it.  It seems to me that CBS is trying fo get us all so frustrated that we purchase their app. Instead, they are losing me as a watcher.

New Poster

Now apparently Survivor isnt free anymore.  Want us to pay 2.99 a episode from now on.  What the heck am I paying my cable bill for if I still have to pay to watch a particular show.  CBS is part of my cable package.  This is unacceptable.  

Official Employee

Waiting for this to be re-pitched to us from CBS due to the bad run time. Either way we'll have a fresh version up for tomorrow hopefully at the latest.

Thanks,
Tony

New Poster

I had the same issue.  I did have a comcast tech come to my house with the intention of fixing this issue. However, since the episode is not currently available I doubt what he did would have had any affect.  The issue appears to be with this episode as it it being broadcast via comcast.  Hopefully they collectively correct the problem so we can catch up.  The Tech did find signal issues with my service and through some rewiring he was able to  correct this.  Results are yet to be realized.

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastJoeTru:

Thanks for the message.  It sounds like you think it's a problem with our box.  Is that correct?  It's not a problem with our box -- it's a problem at your end!

We reported this a few days ago to Comcast and actually got an auto message almost 2 days ago that the problem was fixed....not true!  To date, this is still not fixed and it's very aggrivating to get that message and then find out it's still not fixed!  (Interesting that episode is up to Buy, but not properly view yet and it's almost time for another episode!)

Regular Visitor

You are correct - this is not a box problem - it's on the Comcast end!  It's still not fixed, but you can watch it entirely on CBS.com- not that you should have to do that...I don't like watching on the computer, but it's a way to see it sooner than later.  

Regular Visitor

Thank you so much for the update ComcastTony.
I finally feel like someone addressed the actual issue and there's some progress! 
I'm not sure which episode you are referring to, which will have a "fresh version" (since a new episode should air tomorrow), but it sounds like good news to me. 

@ComcastTony wrote:

Waiting for this to be re-pitched to us from CBS due to the bad run time. Either way we'll have a fresh version up for tomorrow hopefully at the latest.

Official Employee

@up_stairs wrote:

Thank you so much for the update ComcastTony.
I finally feel like someone addressed the actual issue and there's some progress! 
I'm not sure which episode you are referring to, which will have a "fresh version" (since a new episode should air tomorrow), but it sounds like good news to me. 

@ComcastTony wrote:

Your most welcome - the VOD process, especially for broadcast networks ie CBS gets a little wonky but to peek behind the curtains a bit the flow is - After linear air CBS pitches us a version with commercials baked in - this is due to Nielsen "C3" window in which the broadcaster gets 'credit' for that ondemand play for a short period of time after the linear end (3-days). After that we get a C7, and then after that we get a D8 which is day8 content - all of that to say that tomorrow we get the D8 version for this episode so come tomorrow you'll be able to see it again Smiley Happy. https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2009/c3-tv-ratings-show-impact-of-dvr-ad-viewing.html
For this episode a new version will be available on 05/02/19 at 12:00 AM

Thanks,
Tony

New Poster

I have the same problem. So frustrating!
Frequent Visitor

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing that.  Unfortunately, if that last version is also flawed, it sounds like we're just stuck with it. 
IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN, will it help to contact Xfinity OR the network? Thanks again.

@ComcastTony wrote:
.... After linear air CBS pitches us a version with commercials baked in - this is due to Nielsen "C3" window in which the broadcaster gets 'credit' for that ondemand play for a short period of time after the linear end (3-days). After that we get a C7, and then after that we get a D8 which is day8 content - all of that to say that tomorrow we get the D8 version for this episode so come tomorrow you'll be able to see it again Smiley Happy ....

Regular Visitor

Current Season of Survivor Episode 11

Why is last weeks episode which aired on 4/24/2019 Buy only! This is the current season of survivor not a last season. The point of OnDemand is to be able to watch episodes on your schedule during a current season. It’s quite annoying can someone please reload the episode properly so that we can view it!!!
New Poster

Re: Current Season of Survivor Episode 11

Agree. Apparently we have to buy episodes now??? I can’t on demand free now either. Pretty convenient it happens right near the end of the season. Can anyone else? Guess we are all working backwards to the dvr again. 

Official Employee

Please see https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Survivor-s38-ep-11/m-p/3218243/highlight/true#M48506
Thanks,
Tony

New Poster

So this is an isolated event Tony?Xfinity support told me contract talks and blamed the network. What does hopefully tomorrow mean? Before the next episode airs??

New Poster

Will the episode run in full if I pay the $2.99 and will Xfinity credit me the purchase?

Official Employee

@Jgc2 wrote:

Will the episode run in full if I pay the $2.99 and will Xfinity credit me the purchase?

Sorry, but no. The good news is that the new version goes live 05/02/19 12:00 am
Thanks,
Tony

Official Employee

@Jgc2 wrote:

So this is an isolated event Tony?Xfinity support told me contract talks and blamed the network. What does hopefully tomorrow mean? Before the next episode airs??

Yes isolated event - new version of this episode goes live 05/02/19 12:00 am ET
Thanks,
Tony

New Poster

So now I can’t watch tonight’s show because I haven’t seen last weeks and it won’t be available to watch until tomorrow? You guys should just credit us the buy fee. It wouldn’t be that hard and would allow us to actually watch tonight’s show live if we wanted to.
New Poster

I had this same problem the day after this episode aired.  Now when I search for it on demand, it says that it costs $2.99 to watch, which shouldn't be right since I'm an Xfinity customer.  Call customer support and spoke with a technician with a very thick accent.  I could barely understand her.  She went through her script for diagnostics and said that my modem, which I had replaced was at fault and that they would have to send out a technician to inspect or fix the lines/modem.  Based on the other postings here, I'd say it is Xfinity's or CBS' problem.  Did all the other posters get their problem resolved?