Community Forum

Support for HBO Go on TiVo activations?

New Poster

Re: Support for HBO Go on TiVo activations?

Isn't hbo available via subscription on its own? HBONOW.COM? Call and cancel hbo on Comcast and subscribe. Speak with your wallets. Hbo now isn't on tivo but hbo go isn't either.
New Poster

I think I will try to get it over the Google chromecast.  

Regular Visitor

Comcast, please support HBO GO on my TiVo.

New Poster

Need HBO GO for TIVO. This is unacceptable for customers paying for HBO. 

New Poster

Agree with all of the above. This stinks. Comcast, please support HBO GO on my TiVo ASAP. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Comcast, please support HBO GO on my TiVo.

New Poster

I have a Tivo bolt and am tired of the Comcast dragging this out authorize access to HBOgo on Tivo already.....I swear one of the most unsympathetic companies in the world Comcast.

New Poster

Give us HBOGO on TiVo now!!! I've spent thousands upon thousands with Comcast and this is another reason I will leave! Next stop is TiVo OTA box!
Problem Solver

Hello All,

HBO Go availability on any platform are business decisions. Terms must be agreed upon by both parties. These are business decisions and deal with business terms and agreements between two parties. We have not reached an agreement with TiVo to support HBO Go on their platform.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastMatthew wrote:

Hello All,

HBO Go availability on any platform are business decisions. Terms must be agreed upon by both parties. These are business decisions and deal with business terms and agreements between two parties. We have not reached an agreement with TiVo to support HBO Go on their platform.

Since Charter and Time Warner Cable, (among  many other providers both large and small) are supporting HBO GO on TiVo, it isn't difficult to reach a conclusion about who is responsible for the inability to in reach an agreement between TiVo and Comcast.

New Poster

Time to stop looking and start acting. Cutting cord and going OTA In 60 days if this is not resolved.
New Poster

So DirecTV and Google Fiber have been able to get TIVO to agree to terms? The bigger provider is for some reason unable to reach agreement with TIVO? These type of shenanigans and not putting your customers first is unacceptable. How can we get our voices heard besides this forum?
New Poster

Look, XFinity, it's simple, your customers want and are demanding this service; expecially since we pay for the subscription already.

You site that it's due to a lack of agreement between two parties (Xfinity and Tivo) that this service has not been provided to customers.

@ComcastMatthew wrote:

Hello All,

But the reality is that Xfinity has set the bar so high that it's demands are considered unreasonable by the other party (Tivo) in the negotiation. Every other major service provider in the country has successfuly negotiated reasonable business terms successfully and provides the service to their customers. Only Xfinity has failed to "negotiate" successfully, showing that it's the greed and unreasonableness of Xfinity management that is blocking progress. Don't imply blame on the other party when it's quite clear to all of your paying customers that your demands are blocking the negotiations. The fact is you do not care about your paying customers nearly as much as you care about lining your corporate pockets and protecting your future rights.

This is why the FCC has sited the recent NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making) to "unlock the [set-top] box". It exactly this type of business practices that gouge customers and refuse them reasonable flexibility that has brought the wrath of the government down on the cable industry. From the FCC notice:

Ninety-nine percent of pay-TV subscribers have limited choices today and lease set-top boxes from their cable and satellite operators. Lack of competition has meant few choices and high prices for consumers – on average, $231 in rental fees annually for the average American household. Altogether, U.S. consumers spend $20 billion a year to lease these devices. Since 1994, according to a recent analysis, the cost of cable set-top boxes has risen 185 percent while the cost of computers, televisions, and mobile phones has dropped by 90 percent.

If you would just be reasonable with your customers you could possibly maintain a "reasonable" amount of income from these boxes. Now you're going to be forced to open the box and allow competition (an 11-letter dirty word) into your business space.

If you're not careful you're going to lose your strangle hold on the rest of the services you provide. Change is coming. Competition is happening. Soon you won't be the ONLY option in town and all these customers that you've walked on will get revenge by dropping your service and finding a company who IS flexible and who DOES care about our needs and WILL listen to our requests.

My advice, smarten up, before it's too late!

New Poster

I've just written my mayor's office requesting inviting competition or an Open Video Service provider in our community.

New Poster

Typical.  Shift the blame.  It's just like the time Comcast was trying to extort Netflix by refusing to upgrade the edge connections unless they paid you again for the bandwidth your customers were already paying for.  TiVo has secured agreements with just about every other major provider so it's not difficult to guess which party is bringing unreasonable terms to the table.  

Fortunately, your rent seeking days are limited.  My guess is that you have less than 20 years before cable is dead and your internet services are largely displaced by municipal internet which has proven to be less expensive to operate, maintain, and upgrade, and is run with the interests of subscribers in mind rather than shareholders.  Enjoy the monopoly while it lasts.  Consumers and voters alike are on to you.

New Poster

You point about having to use a roku ir chromecast on a TV that already has a Tivo connected being annoying is very true, sine chromecast use has delays in responsiveness that the native application on Tivo will not. I Support this thread.
New Poster

I agree, please fall in line with the other big cable companies like Cox and Time Warner, and add HBO Go TIVO support, ASAP.