Community Forum

Starz TV shows on demand

Frequent Visitor

Starz TV shows on demand

I am currently experiencing problem with Starz TV shows on demand. Choosing 'watch" results in program starting to download, timer running, but black screen and no picture. Xfinity says this is a known problem and is being worked on (24-48 hr fix). Post here to say if you leave channel selected (leave it in your "last watched list) and watch something else for a while (don't have specific time but I usually go away for 1/2 hr or so) then select from last watched list, program plays successfully (at least for last several hours). During viewing, be careful not to rewind or page back to 00 on counter or blackout occurs again and you are back to the waiting game. No other channels I watch are having problem including Starzencore and Starz movies. Hope this helps if you're having similar problem.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Starz TV shows on demand

I have been having the same problem for a few days now.  When I called support, the auto-reponse sugested that I let it do a system refresh, because it saw 2 errors on my X1.  After the refresh, it worked.  We'll see for how long.

Note that I was NOT told that it was a known problem!