Community Forum

Starz’ Counterpart SD episodes 3-5 get error

Problem Solver

Starz’ Counterpart SD episodes 3-5 get error

One cannot view SD episodes 3, 4, and 5 of Starz’ Counterpart Series. This may be related to those episodes not appearing in the Counterpart series menu. These episodes do appear under “Search”, as both ‘free with subscription” and the “pay $1.99” options. I have a subscription. When selecting these episodes, On-Demand waits a while and then displays an error message.

This problem does not occur for episodes 1, 2, or 6. Since people pay extra for Starz, this problem should be given some prompt attention and fixed forthwith by Starz and Comcast.
Problem Solver

Re: Starz’ Counterpart SD episodes 3-5 get error

Here's a partly-edited version of my email exchange with STARZ yesterday.

ME:

Is it Starz’ intent that episodes 3, 4, and 5 of Counterpart are unavailable from the Comcast On Demand TV menus? (Both HD and SD menus.). If so, why? I subscribe to Starz thru Comcast and want to watch the series.  Thank you.

STARZ:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am sorry your provider has not added this to your On Demand library. While we cannot add titles directly, we would be happy to notify your provider on your behalf, about this issue.

ME:

I am surprised to hear you say that you cannot update these episodes yourself on Comcast's on-demand platform.  In general, whenever someone complains on Comcast's forum that a particular recent episode from any particular network is missing, a Comcast rep explains that it is under the control of the network (not Comcast) although sometimes their team does contact the network provider to add them.

STARZ:

Thank you for supplying us with the information we need to further assist you.  We will notify Comcast of this missing On Demand content.  Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.  Thank you for being a STARZ subscriber.
Regards

STARZ Customer Care

Problem Solver

Well slap me silly and call me Susan. I bet the South 40 that this would have been resolved before Memorial Day weekend. I’m very surprised by how long this is taking. There must be some horrific issue in regenerating these items. I’m gonna miss guidin’ that plow behind reliable ol’ Bessie. She deserves Cow Heaven, yessiree.

So, this was the Starz series that newly ran, just before last month’s Comcast WatchAThon. Am I the only fairly new Starz customer who didn’t view it during that “free week”? Looks like episodes 3-5 don’t work for HD either. I would have thought Comcast would have had hundreds of complaints by now. Maybe everyone else is happy watching it on phone or laptop or desktop instead?
Problem Solver

Looks like this got fixed last night. Only took 13 days after I reported it. Most excellent response time, thanks so much. I spot-checked that one episode loaded this morning before traveling off to where my host has Comcast but not Starz so I won’t know things are fully fixed for at least 2 weeks. “Comcast On-Demand Except When it Isn’t.”