Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Spanish SAP unavailable

Frequent Visitor

Spanish SAP unavailable

Since I started using the new boxes the SAP Spanish doesn't work when I use on demand movies. SAP works in movies that are playing live but doesn't work on demand in the same movie.

I called and a lady didn't know what to do, she offered me the old boxes,  can you believe that?

I chatted with some one online and they 're settled the boxes and told me will work after that but im5still Gavin same problem.

It's not the setting because it works with the regular programming.

Expert

Re: Spanish SAP unavailable

@rsotov98 wrote:

Since I started using the new boxes the SAP Spanish doesn't work when I use on demand movies. SAP works in movies that are playing live but doesn't work on demand in the same movie.

I called and a lady didn't know what to do, she offered me the old boxes,  can you believe that?

I chatted with some one online and they 're settled the boxes and told me will work after that but im5still Gavin same problem.

It's not the setting because it works with the regular programming.

on-demand videos are provided by the owners of the video content and they determine what is included when they create the 'file'. and send it to Comcast. the SAP and various audio streams as well as closed caption stream are all included as the creator of the file decides. I will expedite this for Official Employee review...I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks... I know that on demand are provided by others, but why now I can't see my movies from HBO in Spanish and with the old boxes I was able to do it? None of the movies... I got that some movies can't be in Spanish but all of them? I don't think so.. There is something in the new box, some configuration.
New Poster

I've had the same issue for at least a year; it used to work and suddenly it was gone. I hope they do escalate and resolve it.
New Poster

Yes, please escalate
Expert

@rsotov98 wrote:
Thanks... I know that on demand are provided by others, but why now I can't see my movies from HBO in Spanish and with the old boxes I was able to do it? None of the movies... I got that some movies can't be in Spanish but all of them? I don't think so.. There is something in the new box, some configuration.

if your televsion has internet apps have you tried the HBOgo app? there are some spanish HBO live channels. I don't know about their on-demand offereings on their own app.

Official Employee

Hi @rsotov98 and @Ijimmy

I'd be more than happy to take a deeper look into this for you. In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I was using SAP in Spanish (with American movies) fine until I received the new x1 boxes. I can use SAP in Spanish in all movies but when I start the movie since the beginning (on demand) the Spanish SAP doesn't work. I'm paying for that service.
Official Employee

Thanks for verifying your information @rsotov98. I've sent the steps on how to enable SAP. Can you please walk through the steps on the new boxes to ensure SAP is enabled?

To access Audio Language Settings:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote.
  3. Highlight Language and press OK on your remote.
  4. Use the down arrow on your remote to highlight Secondary Audio Programming (SAP).Press OK to turn SAP on or off.
  5. Use the down arrow on your remote to choose your SAP language, highlight the SAP Language and press OK.
  6. Select your language from the list and press OK on your remote.
  7. Press Exit on your remote to finish.
Frequent Visitor

I think you didn't read the whole conversation and my main issue. That's exactly what happened when I called. You did nothing to help me with this.
I know how to set up the SAP and Spanish language, also close captions and more. This is not the problem.
You should read my message WELL and will see what is my issue.
I really start disliking Comcast.
Expert

@ComcastChe wrote:

Thanks for verifying your information @rsotov98. I've sent the steps on how to enable SAP. Can you please walk through the steps on the new boxes to ensure SAP is enabled?

To access Audio Language Settings:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.
  2. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote.
  3. Highlight Language and press OK on your remote.
  4. Use the down arrow on your remote to highlight Secondary Audio Programming (SAP).Press OK to turn SAP on or off.
  5. Use the down arrow on your remote to choose your SAP language, highlight the SAP Language and press OK.
  6. Select your language from the list and press OK on your remote.
  7. Press Exit on your remote to finish.

@ComcastChe the SAP stream is missing so no setting can be turned on to have SAP.

Frequent Visitor

Why I was able to do it before I received the X1 boxes? Who can fix this? I called and the lady, I guess from India, didn't know what to say and spend 30 minutes for nothing.. Chatted and the guy told me he will send a reset to my boxes because he believe the configuration was the problem and after hi did it nothing happened and now this place and no one know what to do.
I was using this service before with, at least, 75% of the HBO movies, and now I can't. Maybe is time to cancel the service.
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if you received my last email.
Why I was able to do it before I received the X1 boxes? Who can fix this? I called and the lady, I guess from India, didn't know what to say and spend 30 minutes for nothing.. Chatted and the guy told me he will send a reset to my boxes because he believe the configuration was the problem and after hi did it nothing happened and now this place and no one know what to do.
I was using this service before with, at least, 75% of the HBO movies, and now I can't. Maybe is time to cancel the service.
Expert

@rsotov98 wrote:
Not sure if you received my last email.

the programming (live/on-demand and therefore recordings) include all the streams of audio (like SAP), captions, etc that the producer provided in the video. This is not controlled by Comcast.