Community Forum

Simpsons making you buy now?

New Poster

Simpsons making you buy now?

All my Simpsons on demand are coming up to buy now whereas they didnt yesterday.  I read this happened last year as well, something about the contract wasnt renewed.  Can someone from comcast shed light on whats happening?  And if it is a glitch or a contract issue than what is the completion ETA?  Thanks

Expert

Re: Simpsons making you buy now?

@kb_tek wrote:

All my Simpsons on demand are coming up to buy now whereas they didnt yesterday.  I read this happened last year as well, something about the contract wasnt renewed.  Can someone from comcast shed light on whats happening?  And if it is a glitch or a contract issue than what is the completion ETA?  Thanks

The owners of content like this tend to set up promotions like this meant only for the holidays. It most likely just ended.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This was not a promotional thing. i've been watching every episode starting at Season 1 for months now and just noticed this myself. The newer episodes and seasons look like they are still free on demand but not the older ones. Smiley Sad

New Poster

I came home today and it seems to be fixed for me..  Just checked and all are On Demand / Buy again so I'm a happy camper!

New Poster

Yup. Seem to be fixed for me too. I was doing more research last night and it seems like Xfinity does this every first of the year. Something about updating some database or something.