Community Forum

Shows showing in 4:3 ratio instead of widescreen while using Xfinity Streaming Service

New Poster

Shows showing in 4:3 ratio instead of widescreen while using Xfinity Streaming Service

I'm simply trying to watch my CW shows online since I don't get to watch them while at work. I came home to watch Supernatural Season 14 episode 12 Prophet and Loss and ran into the issue that the video is Pillar Boxed (black bars on the left and right of the picture) and it looks as though there are parts of the video missing. Cropped as apposed to just squeezed. A few other shows have done this in the past but resetting my cache and/or my PC always fixed it before. This is not the case today. Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Shows showing in 4:3 ratio instead of widescreen while using Xfinity Streaming Service

What's worse I also keep running into an error about 14 minutes in (Error player.vodStreamHeartbeat.400). 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Shows showing in 4:3 ratio instead of widescreen while using Xfinity Streaming Service

@teddiefurry wrote:

What's worse I also keep running into an error about 14 minutes in (Error player.vodStreamHeartbeat.400). 

I think it depends on which channel you are streaming.  I have some channels that are in SD and others are in HD.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

I moved this entire thread to the on-demand area of the forum

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!