Community Forum

Sharp Objects Ep 5 is missing

New Poster

Sharp Objects Ep 5 is missing

Episodes 1 through 4 and 6 all seem to be available On Demand.  But Ep 5 is missing.

Please update asap.

Thx 

Expert

Re: Sharp Objects Ep 5 is missing

@IPaid4this wrote:

Episodes 1 through 4 and 6 all seem to be available On Demand.  But Ep 5 is missing.

Please update asap.

Thx 

on the streaming website there are two entries when I search. the first has on demand and all 6 episodes. the 2nd seems to be a list of upcoming episodes to be broadcast. 

with set top box it shows season 1 ep5 is 'on now' and may be the reason. but i note too that there is a menu choice for watch on HBO but that took me to hbo2 live.  

on the iOS Xfinity stream TV app all episodes are available to stream.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Sharp Objects Ep 5 is missing

@IPaid4this wrote:

Please update asap.

Thx 

There is a pattern to these things.  HBO's pattern (I observed it on Westworld, Succession, and Sharp Objects) is to put the episode up twice.  First they put them up for a couple weeks, then they put them up until a farther-out date which is the same for all episodes.

For example, "Sharp Objects" episode 4 aired 07/29/18; it was first put up until 08/12/18; when that expired it was put up again with a 09/24/18 expiration date.  Episode 5 expired on 08/19/18, the date of your post.  I now see it up again with a 09/24/18 expiration date.

Sometimes there's a gap between expiration and the next version going  up.  I think you looked during this gap.

If you look, you'll see right now that episodes 1-5 all expire on 09/24, whereas episode 6 is set to expire on 08/26 and episode 7 is set to expire on 09/02.  I would expect "gaps" to be possible around those dates as well.  In fact, after all are available and expire at 09/24, I expect them all to be rolled out again to a much-later date (that just seems to be the way HBO does it).

Other networks have their own patterns, but are usually "set" after a week or less, and also sometimes exhibit similar "gaps".  When something seems missing but would be at one of these "gaps", I give it 24 hours before even thinking about reporting it, since it happens so often.

Expiration dates are much more visible and easy to see on the "classic" cable systems compared to X1, one of several reasons I prefer the classic box.