Community Forum

Re: On Demand says I need to subscribe to channels I have

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, but for some reason it won't let me PM you comcastamir
Expert

lalabanks504 wrote:
I'm having the same issue, but for some reason it won't let me PM you comcastamir

Never PM an Official Employee or Expert unless requested.  Sending an unsolicited PM is a violation of Forum Guidelines.  Please read this post.

When you send an unsolicited PM to an Official Employee requesting help or information you are keeping that OE from helping other customers that have responded to the OE's request and who have probably been waiting quite a while for help.  This is a public customer-to-customer forum and we ask that you post your problem in the open so that you can receive the maximum help possible as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your understanding.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi lalabanks504, can you please let me know what channels you are trying to view via On Demand, and can you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

New Poster

Im having the same problem for 2 weeks now
Contributor

Just started getting this myself. Started two days ago. I also noticed our Roku Streaming app is now version 2.4.8, up from 2.4.7 when everything was working correctly. We only use the streaming service app on our mobile devices, and Roku. We have no TV boxes.

Why trying to resume shows we were watching, we are now getting 'Error TVAPP-00401 Subcription to this channel required'. This particular example is coming from trying to resume Season 12, eposide 14 of First 48 on A&E. Screenshot included.

Other errors we have encountered starting two day ago were 'Error.TVAPP.00116' when trying to resume a show we were previously watching. For this example, it was Counting Cars on History channel, Season 4, Episode 2. Screenshot included.

I also noticed that almost no on demand is available for shows in our favorites any longer. All we see are 'upcoming' listings, but no on demand history to choose from. For the channels that do list on demand content, they now only have Season 1 listed, and not all the episodes of Season 1 are listed.

Hopefully this is just a glitch on Xfinity's side, and not some new programming update.

Xfinity stream something went wrong 6-3-2018.PNG
Xfinity stream subscription required 6-3-2018.PNG
Contributor

FYI,

On our ROKU, I uninstalled the XFinity Streaming App (beta) 2.4.8, rebooted Roku, then reinstalled and reactivated. Same issue. In fact, when we try to do things like Browse network such as Discovery channel, it showes 'No Items Found'. Something has to be wrong on XFinity's side.

Contributor

@DKPeppard wrote:

Just started getting this myself. Started two days ago. I also noticed our Roku Streaming app is now version 2.4.8, up from 2.4.7 when everything was working correctly. We only use the streaming service app on our mobile devices, and Roku. We have no TV boxes.

Why trying to resume shows we were watching, we are now getting 'Error TVAPP-00401 Subcription to this channel required'. This particular example is coming from trying to resume Season 12, eposide 14 of First 48 on A&E. Screenshot included.

Other errors we have encountered starting two day ago were 'Error.TVAPP.00116' when trying to resume a show we were previously watching. For this example, it was Counting Cars on History channel, Season 4, Episode 2. Screenshot included.

I also noticed that almost no on demand is available for shows in our favorites any longer. All we see are 'upcoming' listings, but no on demand history to choose from. For the channels that do list on demand content, they now only have Season 1 listed, and not all the episodes of Season 1 are listed.

Hopefully this is just a glitch on Xfinity's side, and not some new programming update.

FYI,

I called XFinity Customer Service. The agent was very helpful and understood my issue. They found a 'mismatch' of account info on our account, and peformed an account refresh. I did not have to do anything on my side; no modem reset or anything. All our on demand programming returned, and full functionality was restored on all our devices with my call to support. Now the streaming website, streaming apps on our mobile devices, and Roku are all working correctly again.