Community Forum

POV: Survivors (PBS) from 24 Sep missing

Problem Solver

POV: Survivors (PBS) from 24 Sep missing

POV Episode called “Survivors” aired on PBS 5 days ago on Monday 24 Sept. All I can find on SD or HD is the prior week’s episode that aired 17 Sept and expires from OnDemand tomorrow Sunday the 30th, which I think means it’s last day is the 29th.

Can Comcast look into posting the latest POV? My guess is that its last day available is next Saturday (Oct 6th) so viewing time is now tight, given this delay of unknown reason.
Official Employee

Re: POV: Survivors (PBS) from 24 Sep missing

Hi ForrestS,

We upload the content provided to us by the networks. For more information on how to request channel content, please visit: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

ComcastChe:

Your reply made my head hurt a little. You might not have been around a few months back where one of the gnarliest and messiest On Demand problems ever occurred. It had to do with PBS. You don’t want to read it all, but here is a link for reference: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/On-Demand-Team-hasn-t-processed-latest-PBS-files/m-p/3115012

I would ask that you confirm with the On Demand Team whether:

A - PBS never delivered this episode
B - PBS delivered it in a bad form that Comcast could not process
C - PBS delivered it but somehow it slipped thru a crack and On Demand Team failed to process it

If the answer is A or B, can’t Comcast please contact PBS quickly to get it available?
Official Employee

That wasn't my intention, I apologize. I checked out the link you provided to the old thread. I was around here during that time and got to read more about the issues that were occurring then. As of today I haven't heard of or seen any known issues the we are currently investigating with PBS that would cause any episodes to be missing, which is what led me to believe the episodes are either not available (provided from PBS), or have already expired, however, I have no problem reaching out to confirm the answers to questions, A, B, and C so we have more information as to why it's not available. 

I will reach back out to you on this public thread when I receive more information. Thanks for your patience and understanding while I investigate. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Thanks, Che. I’ll just briefly add that POV is a series regularly delivered by PBS for On Demand viewing, even though Comcast posts them under the “Specials” sub-category. So it’s no different than if NBC inexplicably failed to deliver a This Is Us episode, or if AMC skipped delivery of a Walking Dead, etc etc...
Official Employee

You're welcome. I've reached out for additional support from the On Demand Support Team and provided as many details as possible. Myself or one of my peers will be following up with you once we get more information. 

Problem Solver

Good afternoon, Comcast Gents. I’m happy to see that POV: Survivors showed up sometime earlier today. So did Secrets of the Dead from Wed Oct 3rd.

However, other PBS shows remain missing:
1 - POV: Dark Money from Mon Oct 1st
2 - Frontline: Trump’s Showdown from Tues Oct 2nd

Looking forward to news from Comcast on the PBS situation. Is there a relapse by PBS supplying bad files as per earlier this summer? If so please let us know so that we can express concerns to our PBS customer contacts.

Do I need to open separate threads for the more recent missing episodes just mentioned, or is this thread enough for Comcast to pursue those resolutions?
Highlighted
Admin1

ForrestS -- Thanks for letting us know that POV: Survivors is showing now. I have sent over the other two assets you listed to our support team for further assistance. 

Problem Solver

Thx Zach - the missing Frontline became available as of Saturday, but last week’s POV remains missing.

This thread title is no longer applicable given ODT delay for the newer episode, so I will close this and start a new thread for ODT action, to avoid confusion.
Official Employee

You're welcome. Let us know if any other programs are experiencing issues. We'll be staying in touch.