Community Forum

OnDemand says I need subscription

New Poster

OnDemand says I need subscription

It seems there was an update pushed to On-Demand recently because the interface looks differetn for some shows, I'm guessing they broke something. Bascially On-Demand is not usable for me right now. I can't watch any shows, tells me to subscribe event though I have these channels in my package. Very dissapointing, I tried unplugging the box and waiting 10 min and plugging it back in but that did not help. Hope they fix it soon.

Regular Visitor

Re: OnDemand says I need subscription

This is happening to me too. It is very dissapointing!!!! I too tried the "unplug the box" thing. Didn't help. I do like their new interface, but not if it's going to screw up the whole thing

Frequent Visitor

Same.

Problem Solver

I called customer service and they told me it is almost a nationwide problem with no eta for a fix right now

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the update. 👍

New Poster

I'm trying to watch last night's episode of The Walking Dead, which offers the subscription-based episode but not the free episode from AMC.  The previous episodes offer both, and I can access those free ones with no problem.  Incidentally, I tried to purchase the subscription, but it wouldn't let me.  I called Comcast, and the tech person said some sort of outage should be fixed in an hour, but she isn't sure if that means the free episode will be available, if I will be able to purchase the subscription, or if both issues will be resolved.  

Frequent Visitor

I appear to be back up. 🤓👍

New Poster

On Demand stopped working for us yesterday. "Watch options" shows up, and it indicates we need to subscribe. Called Comcast, they had us on the phone trying things for 1/2 hour last night. Nothing worked, and THEN they said it was a system-wide problem. Considering what we pay every month, I would think that Comcast would at least pipe up in the forums and let subscribers know what is going on. I assume credits will be forthcoming?