Community Forum

On demand without netflix

New Poster

On demand without netflix

Hi, recently new to xfinity. How can I watch on demand without Netflix? I don't have a Netflix account. Most of what I want to watch on demand keeps taking me to the Netflix account.

Thanks 👌
New Poster

Re: On demand without netflix

I would like to know too

New Poster

After an hour with chat support last night during which I was repeately told it wasn't a Comcast issue and to contact Netflix about my non-existant Netflix account (I tried and of course Netflix couldn't do anything about Comcast on demand results), they finally admitted it was a Comcast issue supposedly they did something on their end that would fix it and I just had to reset my box.  That didn't work.

Today, they finally admit that they can't remove Netflix results from On Demand.  

On Demand is now useless.

New Poster

Thank you - I had been wondering and thought I'd check the forums before I tried calling.  It is very annoying and I'm highly disappointed that it can't be fixed.  Hopefully they'll consider adding a filter feature for those of us who don't use Netflix.

New Poster

Everyone should keep complaining about this.  It is an obvious attempt of two greedy companies trying to collude to make you purchase netflix.  Currently OnDemand is almost useless unless you purchase netflix.

Frequent Visitor

Has anyone been told there will be a solution or offered any compensation for this problem? I have been told they “are working on it”, that “there will be a solution”, but that they don’t know when this will happen. Has anyone reported the issue to a regulatory agency? Thanks.
New Poster

@ Yvette21 - Comcast/Netflix extortion seems to be just get started and an ever growing concern here.  There are still some movies that are FREE from tbs, TNT, Free Form, to name just a few, however, that list is shrinking fast.  Soon the FREE ON DEMAND Section of Comcasts' On Demand will be gone, unless you subscribe to NETFLIX to watch them.  then, would they be free from Comcast???

@ hidenetflix - I started with calling the number on the Splash screen during the 30 day Free trial subcription.  It was of course to a Netflix Agent and he couldn't help with a Comcast issue.  I hung up on him after telling him if I wanted to pay more money for more movies I would have done so long ago, that's why I went with Comcast in the first place, for the free On Demand Services they advertised.  I then called Comcast and that agent told me - If I sign up for the free 30 day Netflix subscription, I'd still be watching the movie for free, so, what's the problem?  I ended that conversation shortly afterwards as well.

@ dside725 - I have read here that a filter to screen out the NETFLIX movies will not happen on Comcast, because it was part of the Comcast/Netflix aggreement that Comcast can not allow filters to avoid them. 

@alanimal - This is surely a greedy cash grab for both companies and yes they should be stopped.  Read my reply to your earlier post.

@frusterted10001 - I myself have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and I have seen someone else has done it also.  You can also submit one at www.bbb.org.

@ Comcast X1 - Cease and Desist this unlawful practice of moving Netflix into the On Demand - FREE access areas of service and forcing us either pay Netflix to watch your FREE Content that you have advertised or us loosing that privillage we have already been promised and have paid for in buying your services.  You will be loosing a lot of customers if it continues.  I'm sure there is a company out there that sticks with what they advertise...

New Poster

I am just adding my voice to this - I am extremely frustrated you can't filter out netflix. I am not getting a netflix subscription and it does appear to me that some shows that were previously free "on demand" are now the property of netfix.

If this doesn't change, this will be the final straw for me and at the very least I'll be dropping any "on demand" options and more likely looking to drop comcast/xfinity entirely.