Community Forum

On demand not working

Frequent Visitor

On demand not working

Hi, our On Demand has been giving us a ‘something’s not quite right’ error for a few days. This is frustrating because we primarily watch our shows this way, rather than at their original time. Anyway, we tried restarting our box, checked our cords, etc.

This morning I logged in and did the System Refresh, and was able to access our shows again. However, when we tried to view one this evening we got the error all over again. Now it won’t let me refresh the system because we can only do it ‘once every 24 hours.’ Restarting the platform didn’t resolve it. So, once again, we can’t actually watch our shows and will be using Netflix. Is this a server issue? I’m sure we aren’t the only ones who primarily watch their shows via On Demand. And we don’t want have to do a refresh every evening and just hope it resolves the problem.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: On demand not working

Hi, does anyone have any thoughts on this? Maybe a Comcast employee? The error code I got last night when we got this error again started with XRE-.  We have not been able to access On Demand at all since last Wednesday or Thursday.

Official Employee

Hi Unrealcity. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. Sorry to see you are having trouble with your On Demand service. I am here to help get your On Demand service fixed. To start troubleshooting, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi Unrealcity. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!