Community Forum

On demand charging me for shows that were free

Regular Visitor

On demand charging me for shows that were free

On demand is charging me for every show. Hardly any are free. They were a few months ago. I havr to pay for MacGyver, Poldark (PBS), and Yellowstone which I watched for free for the first 3 episodes. I've talked to 5 customer service reps, and even paid $10 and couldn't get them free. What is going on????

New Poster

Re: On demand charging me for shows that were free

Same thing happened to me. I got the runnaround from customer service. Looks like Xfinity is changing their policy without notifying customers. I pay for packages (like HBO) so that I can get ALL the content. Otherwise, what's the point of paying for a subscription?!?

New Poster

That's why Netflix is going to continue to take share, and Comcast is going to lose customers...

Regular Visitor

So if you pay for HBO you get regular tv shows free? Customer service chargedme $10 and I still couldn't get MacGyver or Yellowstone or PBS.

Expert

@Lllanne wrote:

On demand is charging me for every show. Hardly any are free. They were a few months ago. I havr to pay for MacGyver, Poldark (PBS), and Yellowstone which I watched for free for the first 3 episodes. I've talked to 5 customer service reps, and even paid $10 and couldn't get them free. What is going on????

Sometimes it helps to look around. The Paramount channel new but found in many service areas now. you might check with your local service area for the channel. The Yellowstone episodes are shown on Paramount channel on On Demand (linear cable.) All are free, Only one episode missing due to owners of show holding back on episode. The new episodes are shown Wednesday, 9:00 pm CDT on a SD channel, and a HD channel in our service area: Mpls/StP.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks.

New Poster

I think it's terrible that we have to pay to watch On Demand shows if we subscribe to the channel already.