Community Forum

On Demand television shows fees

New Poster

On Demand television shows fees

I don’t understand why I have to pay $2.99 to watch shows that I have missed on non premium channels, TLC, OWN, etc. If the show has already showed on the channel, why would there be a charge for it on On Demand? This is very frustrating!! Is it Xfinity’s decision or the channel/show? There was a time (a long time ago) that this was free. I don’t understand if you pay a monthly subscription (which is not cheap) that I would have to pay separately for already shown shows.
Expert

Re: On Demand television shows fees

@Lindalucci2 wrote:
I don’t understand why I have to pay $2.99 to watch shows that I have missed on non premium channels, TLC, OWN, etc. If the show has already showed on the channel, why would there be a charge for it on On Demand? This is very frustrating!! Is it Xfinity’s decision or the channel/show? There was a time (a long time ago) that this was free. I don’t understand if you pay a monthly subscription (which is not cheap) that I would have to pay separately for already shown shows.

That is the decision of the network, not Comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand television shows fees

If this is in fact a networks decision to charge, then the exorbitant amount that is charged by Comcast should cover those costs for all their paying customers to watch the show's they are clearly paying for