Community Forum

On Demand not working

New Poster

On Demand not working

My On Demand has not worked for over 2 days. I get an error message saying that it can’t talk to the server. Get the same message on both boxes in the house. Tried unplugging and plugging back in, but didn’t work. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance
Expert

Re: On Demand not working

@Kimntim8841 wrote:
My On Demand has not worked for over 2 days. I get an error message saying that it can’t talk to the server. Get the same message on both boxes in the house. Tried unplugging and plugging back in, but didn’t work. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance

Have you checked all your cable ends and connections inside your home?

Are you using LED bulbs for Christmas decorations? They can cause RF interference if close to your coaxial-cables (especially if not RG6u quad-shield cable), your boxes, or television.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello, thank you.  Yes, we checked all connections, and nothing was loose.  We do not have any Christmas lights or anything new near the boxes.

Expert

@Kimntim8841 wrote:

Hello, thank you.  Yes, we checked all connections, and nothing was loose.  We do not have any Christmas lights or anything new near the boxes.

You should then call: 1-800-COMCAST to schedule someone to check your outside connections. They might be able to do some checking over the phone before the need to send someone out.

Be aware if they find the problem inside your house you may be charged for a service call.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I've had the same problem the last week.  They changed out my cable box, checked all connections, made some repairs at the pole...still not working.  Technician said he and others are seeing a lot of this the last few days, but Comcast/Xfinity has not yet acknowledged any sort of widespread problem.  So far the only fix the technicians have found is to replace cable box with X1 box - he's supposed to be coming back today to do that so will see if that works.  Obviously there IS some sort of issue on Comcast/Xfinity's side...

New Poster

Thanks, that is good to know!  I talked to Comcast yesterday and they tried a few times to refresh the system, and it did not work.  So, they are sending a tech out tomorrow to check things out.  They told me that I would be charged for the visit if it was determined to be my fault(!).  I am not worried about that though because it worked Sunday, and hasn't worked since, and nothing has changed.  And it is happening on all my boxes, not just one.  Total bummer, but always good to know I am not crazy, and it isn't just me!  

New Poster

I just checked the "status center" online and it FINALLY is showing an On Demand outage in my area (until now, it's shown that everything is working fine) and saying it should be resolved within 3 hours.  I am at work, but will go home this afternoon and see if it's working - can cancel technician if it is!  Don't know where you are, but assuming you don't live right near me (if you are in Nashville, maybe it is the same outage) maybe it just takes enough complaints in a given area for them to recognize there's an outage. 

While I was typing the above paragraph, technician just texted me back saying yes, they got enough complaints to realize there was faulty equipment at their end and they are working on it.

New Poster

Just to update, I've just gotten home and checked - it works now!  Whatever problem they finally discovered and repaired seems to have resolved it.  If yours still isn't working, I guess you keep complaining until they find the problem!

New Poster

Awesome!  Thanks for the update!  Glad they have you up and working now.  I will definitely keep complaining until it is fixed....we certainly pay enough for the service!!  Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Thanks for letting us know. I have had this problem since August. Checking connections. power cycling the box and the like hasn't fixed it. I will keep calling and complaining.

Official Employee

Hi @Kimntim8841 and @Woodster14

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. Are you still having issues with your On Demand? I can take a deeper look into this if so. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours?

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hello, thank you for your reply.  I ended up calling Comcast, and they could not fix it, so a tech came out and discovered that there was an issue with a recently installed filter out at the box on the road.  The tech helped fix it very quickly and all is good now.  Thank you!!

Official Employee

Thanks for letting me know. I just wanted to make sure we were able to get it taken care of for you. Let us know if you have any more issues. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.