Community Forum

On Demand not working

Frequent Visitor

On Demand not working

I subscribed to Xfinity TV over a week ago.  When I try to use On Demand,  I get a message advising "This Requires a Subscription".  I have spent numerous hours on the phone and at least 4 hours at home with technicians and the error is still not corrected.  I've been told the issue has been escalated to the engineers but I finally went out and bought a Fire Stick and subscribed to Hulu since I don't like watching Live TV.  It's been over one week and still no resolution.  I did, however, receive a bill.  When I called and explained that I didn't think I should pay the full bill, I was advised there was nothing they could do.  I'm extremely frustrated with the technical and customer service.    If the technicians cannot resolve the issue, I'm assuming our contract is void and someone can pick up these boxes?  Or someone should reimburse me for the Fire Stick and Hulu service since I'm not using Xfinity TV.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: On Demand not working

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sent you a message with my information.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Thank you for providing your information and I apologize for the inconvenience. When the technician came out, was there any issue found?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

They tried multiple things but they were unable to identify the issue.  I was told I need to wait for Tier 3 or engineers to find the problem.  No one has called with any status updates.

Frequent Visitor

It's been over 2 weeks and still no On Demand and no call back on status.  

New Poster

I am also having this issue.  I added TV service Friday and it has yet to work.  On Demand *does* work from my primary box.  I've spent hours in chat and have had a technician out with similar results.  I'm told "hopefully, they will fix it soon".

Oddities I've discovered in trying to figure this out:

1) On demand works on the primary box, but not my smaller non-DVR boxes elsewhere in the house.

2) On demand does not work on my PC.

3) If I connect my work laptop to my work VPN and attempt to use on demand, this now works.  The problem only affects devices within my house.

I also wonder why I'm paying nearly $200 a month at this point.  The service hasn't worked right for the week I've had it so far and absolutely nothing indicates it's going to start soon.

Expert

@MaryT60 wrote:

It's been over 2 weeks and still no On Demand and no call back on status.  

I have escalated your post today. You should hear from a Comcast OE soon.

This has been happening through the holiday period with many employees off as normal for most companies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm still waiting for a call back or resolution.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting...

New Poster

I'm also waiting for any sort of real acknowledgement, information, or ETA on this issue.

I've had the service for about a week and a half and it has yet to work for me.

I can find posts all over these forums of issues with the streaming services, people being told that it's a known issue, and Comcast representatives seemingly confirming this.  What I can't find is any timeline, status, root cause, actual answer as to why, or a public/private way to check back on this.

"It's a known issue.  We don't have any official page that shows that it's a known issue and our outage check definitely says nothing, but trust us, it's a known issue.  You want to know when it will be fixed?  Good joke!  We'll let you know, and by that, I mean just keep checking and maybe someday it'll be working.  Have you heard about the other cool things we can sell you?!"

Frequent Visitor

I agree.  I don't think the company realizes that this issue will impact them much more than just the few people reading this forum.   Our Nextdoor site reaches 16K residents and someone just asked about whether they should go with UVerse, DirecTV or Xfinity.  One bad comment reaches a lot of people outside of this forum. I was also thinking of changing to their cell service and looking at their home security system.  That's not happening any time soon.  I can't imagine waiting 3 weeks for anything to be resolved and no status updates.