Community Forum

On Demand not working - CL-0x000f

New Poster

On Demand not working - CL-0x000f

My On Demand has not been working for a week.  Last Saturday I watched on demand with no problems.  On Sunday I received an email and a phone call from Comcast about a signal issue, and they wanted to send out a tech.  I checked my internet, phone and TV, and all appeared to be working great.  That evening when I wanted to watch On Demand, I received an error code.  I then checked the other 2 televisions (with On Demand boxes) and it was the same error.  All 3 boxes reported the same error for On Demand.  I made an appointment for a technician to come out (had to wait a week because Comcast doesn't have tech work past 6 and I'm unable to be home before 6 pm.  Technically finally arrives today, said he replaced splitters, etc. and that a signal was sent and it should take about an hour for On Demand to work.  I waited an hour, and no luck.  I called Customer Service, and they sent a signal.  Said I should wait 30 minutes.  I did, and again, no On Demand.  I called a second time - another signal - nothing working.  I asked why technician left my house when the issue was not resolved.  Had to schedule another technician for next Saturday - so that will be 2 weeks with no On Demand (which, by the way, I pay $30 for 3 boxes specifically for On Demand.  I'm not getting a service that I paid for.  This is very aggravating.  I know it's not the boxes, since all 3 are impacted.    Any suggestions??

Expert

Re: On Demand not working - CL-0x000f

@CorryPA wrote:

My On Demand has not been working for a week.  Last Saturday I watched on demand with no problems.  On Sunday I received an email and a phone call from Comcast about a signal issue, and they wanted to send out a tech.  I checked my internet, phone and TV, and all appeared to be working great.  That evening when I wanted to watch On Demand, I received an error code.  I then checked the other 2 televisions (with On Demand boxes) and it was the same error.  All 3 boxes reported the same error for On Demand.  I made an appointment for a technician to come out (had to wait a week because Comcast doesn't have tech work past 6 and I'm unable to be home before 6 pm.  Technically finally arrives today, said he replaced splitters, etc. and that a signal was sent and it should take about an hour for On Demand to work.  I waited an hour, and no luck.  I called Customer Service, and they sent a signal.  Said I should wait 30 minutes.  I did, and again, no On Demand.  I called a second time - another signal - nothing working.  I asked why technician left my house when the issue was not resolved.  Had to schedule another technician for next Saturday - so that will be 2 weeks with no On Demand (which, by the way, I pay $30 for 3 boxes specifically for On Demand.  I'm not getting a service that I paid for.  This is very aggravating.  I know it's not the boxes, since all 3 are impacted.    Any suggestions??

Read this post

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: On Demand not working - CL-0x000f

I started having this problem yesterday, Sunday, 4/29.  After selecting an On Demand program to watch, video would appear and then about 2 seconds after that, the picture freezes.  I then get an error code SRM-8012.  When I called Comcast, all they could do was restart my cable box several times, but that didn't help.  They also said that they had no information that it was a blanket problem with their other Comcast customers.  I'll call them again, shortly.