Community Forum

On Demand freezes then restarts movie at the beginning.

New Poster

On Demand freezes then restarts movie at the beginning.

My on demand will freeze then restart the movie or show at the beginning. It drive us crazy. It also will not resume. Tech has replaced boxes, reset system, tested lines and signal strength. Always the same story that you have no problems at the moment. Call us back if you do. This problem has been going on for 2 months. 4 services calls and still not fixed. They will arrive today again. Looks like I will need to either stop the on demand service or change to another service provider if they can’t fix the problem today. Please advise.

Official Employee

Re: On Demand freezes then restarts movie at the beginning.

Hello Tossys, thank you for providing me a summary of what is going on. I see that you have had cable boxes swapped out and your signals checked but I don't show where you had you Moca filter replaced. The Moca filter being bad can cause your services to freeze or the screen to pixelate. Do you notice this issue while watching live TV or just when you watch on demand? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand freezes then restarts movie at the beginning.

This happens all the time when I want to restart a program that’s in progress. The show just freezes. Then when you try to exit and go back to the channel, it starts over from the beginning. Frustrating!