Community Forum

On Demand Shows keep freezing half way through playback

New Poster

On Demand Shows keep freezing half way through playback

It doesn't matter what show I am trying to play through Ondemand, nor does it matter if it is in HD or SD.  It seems to happen all the time.  I start to play a show, maybe one that has aired the night before, or the night of that I missed.  The show plays about halfway through then freezes, most times on a commercial.  Seems to always be at the 30 minute mark roughly.  I have tried unplugging my set top box for 30 seconds then plugging back in, letting it reset, but this doesn't fix the issue.  I have tried "refreshing" the set top box through the Xfinity app on my phone.  Even after that it still happens.  I am thinking it isn't the set top boxes but something going on with Comcasts end.  In case I am asked, tonight for example I have tried to play "Colony" the episode that aired on 6/27/18.  It is now 12:23 am and I have tried in vain to play the show to its conclusion, but it still freezes halfway through.  This has also happened to "Into the Badlands" shows, "The Expanse" and many others.  I don't seem to have any issues with a movie however, just TV shows.