Community Forum

On Demand Missing Episodes

New Poster

On Demand Missing Episodes

I have a problem with missing episodes using on demand. It seem to be with many of the HBO series. The series are listed I chose a series like Deadwood and then season 3. It lists the episodes but 3, 5 and 9 are missing. This started on January 1. Other series such as Wire and VEEP have the same problem. Some series like Game of Thrones is missing all of season one. These problems are only on non HD. If I go to HD no series are missing. Since I don't have an HD tv it's a real problem.  Is anybody else having this problem?

Valued Contributor

Re: On Demand Missing Episodes

On Demand content is provided to us by the networks, you may want to request that from the appropriate TV network 

New Poster

I talked to the network (HBO). They say that they release whole complete seasons and the cable company Comast/Xfinity is in charge of placing the episodes on "on demand". They said that someone at Comcast has to program which episodes are available. This answer seems correct since the HD  version has all of the episodes. I have called Comcast and they seem to be unaware of the process of placing episodes on "on demand" or who they could talk to so this problem is corrected. How can I contact the department or section in charge of this process?

New Poster

So here's what you get from HBO's site:

If you like HBO, you'll love HBO On Demand. You get the same great programming and more with a whole new level of convenience and control. HBO On Demand allows you to watch what you want, exactly when you want to watch it.

Comcast, proudly informs you that HBO on Demand is part of your package Digital Preferred (and above) package deals. 

So what gives?  Why are there so many missing episodes via Comcast's version of HBO on Demand?