Community Forum

On Demand Freezing and Exiting

New Poster

On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I am finding that in a couple of shows that I am trying to watch on demand at a certain point during the show, the picture freezes and then I am kicked out. I restart the show, get to the exact same spot and the same thing happens. I have tried restarting and reloading the cable box and I still have this problem. This has been going on for a few days. How can I fix this?

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


caffers63 wrote:

I am finding that in a couple of shows that I am trying to watch on demand at a certain point during the show, the picture freezes and then I am kicked out. I restart the show, get to the exact same spot and the same thing happens. I have tried restarting and reloading the cable box and I still have this problem. This has been going on for a few days. How can I fix this?


to resolve these issues an Official Employee will need to know the on-demand's title (and season/episode if it applies) and state it was SD or HD. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

The episode I am having trouble with is Criminal Minds Season 13 Episode 6 The Bunker

New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I am having the same problem. It usually occurs with shows that aired the same night. If I go back and watch it 3-4 days later after they originally aired it works. For example, if I miss Real Houswives originally airing and go to the guide and use the "watch now" feature it will freeze but if i wait for the show to officially become a part of Bravo On Demand it works fine.

 

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@TriK1 wrote:

I am having the same problem. It usually occurs with shows that aired the same night. If I go back and watch it 3-4 days later after they originally aired it works. For example, if I miss Real Houswives originally airing and go to the guide and use the "watch now" feature it will freeze but if i wait for the show to officially become a part of Bravo On Demand it works fine. 


to resolve these issues an Official Employee will need to know the on-demand's title (and season/episode if it applies) and state it was SD or HD. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

There is not particular  show or season it happens to all of the shows or movies im watching on  OnDemand.

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@Annoyed75 wrote:

There is not particular  show or season it happens to all of the shows or movies im watching on  OnDemand.


pick a series and detail the name, season number episode number and what the specific playback issue is that you are experiencing.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Same exact thing is happening to me.  I was watching Vanderpump Rules last night On Demand, and it froze right around the 13 minute mark and would NOT play any further.  Tonight, right now, I was watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and SAME THING!  Froze right around the 13 minute mark and will not play any further.  In fact, I've been sitting here watching a frozen screen for a good 15 minutes (while I get some work done on my computer), and still nothing.  No error message...just frozen screen.

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@CourtReporter7 wrote:

Same exact thing is happening to me.  I was watching Vanderpump Rules last night On Demand, and it froze right around the 13 minute mark and would NOT play any further.  Tonight, right now, I was watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and SAME THING!  Froze right around the 13 minute mark and will not play any further.  In fact, I've been sitting here watching a frozen screen for a good 15 minutes (while I get some work done on my computer), and still nothing.  No error message...just frozen screen.


pick a series and detail the name, season number episode number and what the specific playback issue is that you are experiencing.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Same thing is happening to me. Happened the other night during Walking Dead midseason Premiere when I watched the on demand episode immediately after show ended. Happening tonight with Top Chef, Also watching immediately after episode aired. I found that once it frreezes, if you note the time mark .... you can use page up button to jump to the next commercial, then rewind to just before the freeze time mark. It may happen again, but have used that fix a couple of times. Hopefully they can correct it. I think it has something to do with the fact that was mentioned previously in this thread that the episode just aired same night.

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@DRH2551 wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. Happened the other night during Walking Dead midseason Premiere when I watched the on demand episode immediately after show ended. Happening tonight with Top Chef, Also watching immediately after episode aired. I found that once it frreezes, if you note the time mark .... you can use page up button to jump to the next commercial, then rewind to just before the freeze time mark. It may happen again, but have used that fix a couple of times. Hopefully they can correct it. I think it has something to do with the fact that was mentioned previously in this thread that the episode just aired same night.


pick a series and detail the name, season number episode number and what the specific playback issue is that you are experiencing.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Same issue. “The Americans” Season 6 Episode 2 freezes at about the 26 minute point.
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I also have the same problem with the Americans.
Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@Zz22 wrote:
Same issue. “The Americans” Season 6 Episode 2 freezes at about the 26 minute point.

i watched on demand version with commercials from 20 (mostly commercials) through the talk on the patio. no freezing. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Happening to me often and it doesn’t matter whether I’m watching it “ live” or a week later. Tonight is Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 10 Reunion Pt 1 about 23 minutes in. It’s been happening OFTEN for weeks with me. Tiring.
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I’m also having this issue with numerous shows. We try to catch up a few nights after the show has aired and halfway thru them they freeze. It doesn’t seem to matter which show or when it aired. The only reason we’re keeping Comcast is for their On Demand feature, but If this keeps occurring, it’s not worth it!
Admin1

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Hello All -- I can help with this On Demand freezing issue. As there are many of you reporting this issue, I ask that each of you send me a PM with your account details and show(s) that is/are freezing. Sending PM's will allow me to open support tickets for each of you.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I cannot figure out how to send you a p.m. I just made a profile and now I don't see the option to send a message at all. Like another poster said, I am having the issue when I want to watch a show on the same night it aired but not exactly live. The section of Thursday night shows available to watch now is usually where I have trouble. And fast forward is not an option. Please help! This is getting annoying. Tonight it happened with Jersey Shore, last night it was real housewives of New York.
Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@Mchouse wrote:
I cannot figure out how to send you a p.m. I just made a profile and now I don't see the option to send a message at all. Like another poster said, I am having the issue when I want to watch a show on the same night it aired but not exactly live. The section of Thursday night shows available to watch now is usually where I have trouble. And fast forward is not an option. Please help! This is getting annoying. Tonight it happened with Jersey Shore, last night it was real housewives of New York.

try again now. your post in the forum turned on the PM feature.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Mchouse -- I received your PM. I can help with your issue and will need some authentication information from you. I've responded back with the information I'll need. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Hi, I am having the same issue with Survivor season 36 episode 4/4/18 in BOTH SD and HD - starts freezing immediately. I will try to PM you but trying to figure out how!
Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@Gdick89 wrote:
Hi, I am having the same issue with Survivor season 36 episode 4/4/18 in BOTH SD and HD - starts freezing immediately. I will try to PM you but trying to figure out how!

try now. posting on teh forum enables your PM function



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

If you haven't figured it out yet it's NOT an issue with a certain episode. It's happening for the most part when people, like me, are trying to restart shows that either aired earlier in the evening but have completed or almost completed the original air date.
I know there's probably a script you have to follow but I skimmed the thread and know that "pick a series and detail the name, season number episode number and what the specific playback issue is that you are experiencing." isn't going to get me anywhere.
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

FYI the page up and rewind to skip the problematic commercial seems to be working.
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Same problem... it's been happening for a while.  I was just on Bravo/on demand/ housewives of Ny  happens at 34.58 min mark S10 E9.  

 

So frustrating.  On Demand is often the only time I watch TV due to my busy schedule.

New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

I am having the same problem. The Americans, Season 6, Ep. 10 freezes at 24:50 minutes.

Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

@ComcastZach checks in on this thread often



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Hi everyone, 

 

If you're having on demand issues still, please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can investigate. 

 

KenF


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Same issue ... On demand freezes during replay on my tv. If I restart, it freezes at the same point. All other functions are ok so not a cable or cable box issue. Very frustrating non-delivery of high priced product. Ready to cut the cord!
Expert

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting


@Mla925 wrote:
Same issue ... On demand freezes during replay on my tv. If I restart, it freezes at the same point. All other functions are ok so not a cable or cable box issue. Very frustrating non-delivery of high priced product. Ready to cut the cord!

please read and follow directions in the post just before your post



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Mine freezes at around 13 minute. It’s usually Bravo shows with me. You can’t fast forward thru commercials while using On Demand, so after freeze, I discontinue viewing bc who has the time to go thru that again, only to freeze....again! Frustrating and disappointing, bill is too high to not be able to view shows when you want. Planning ahead, DVR works, but not always thinking ahead.

New Poster

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Thank you so much cheezebaal! It skipped 10 mins of the program but at least I can keep watching. Hey everyone if you don't mind missing a few minutes of the show the page up with rewind option button really works!
Official Employee

Re: On Demand Freezing and Exiting

Hello All, 

 

This sounds like a national issue our engineer's team is aware of and investigating. I would like to gather more details of each of your experience to confirm for sure if you are affected.  

 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!