Community Forum

On Demand Freezes Up

New Poster

On Demand Freezes Up

I jsut replaced the TV Box, Remote ncluding the cable from the wall to the back of the TV Box. Love the new box & Voice Remote. BUT when I am watching On Demand, the show continually freezes up. I must rewind-then start again, or using voice speak "Resume". This usually occurs when it cuts to commercial but sometimes right in the middle of watchin an episode and sometimes won't even BGIN the episode. Anyone else have thisissue?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: On Demand Freezes Up

I have the issue where it freezes just before it cuts to commercial. I only have noticed it on Comedy Central shows. I contacted Xfinity on Reddit and a rep there has gotten the advanced tech support looking into it.

Regular Visitor

You’re not alone! Happening here too, on some CBS, some NBC, so I don’t think it’s a network thing.
New Poster

It's happening with Law & Order SVU on NBC, once on "Mom" (don't know which station Mom is) but NCIS on Demand on CBS has been fine. I wonder if perhaps it's specific shows instead of networks. Will continue to see what happens as I use this new process more. Thank you for your input!

Regular Visitor

The ones I’ve noticed it on were 48 Hours and New Amsterdam.

But, one 48 Hours was fine. So who knows?
Regular Visitor

Same here- 2 programs froze repeatedly and this AM new Amsterdam from 3/12

wouldn't load-black screen. This is getting very frustrating making me lose confidence every time I want to watch a previously aired program. Also, one show on air was shown not in HD. What gives???

Official Employee

Hi everyone. We upload on demand content provided to us by the networks themselves. Pricing and availability are subject to their discretion. In some cases, there are issues with version of any given upload which can include quality issues, incorrect commercial cuts, uneven volume, etc. Other times, there can be a signal issue that causes quality issues like freezing and/or pixelation. The best way to tell/confirm is to see if it's happening on certain series (we need to know the network, season, episode, and time the issue occurs within the program for each case) and we will attempt to duplicate it on our end. If we can, that generally means we need to partner with the network provider in order to discuss and obtain a correction for the programming. If we cannot duplicate it on this end, we would likely recommend you check your physical cable cord connections (yes, a loose cord can and often does contribute to issues with on demand and slowly gets worse if left uncorrected) and then potentially schedule a trouble call. If you all can provide the details listed above for the network, season, episode of the program that you're experiencing difficulty with, that would be wonderful. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

48 Hours, season 32, episode 19 (CBS)

New Amsterdam, season 1, episode13 (NBC)

These are just a couple of the ones I’ve noticed recently. There was at least one other episode of New Amsterdam that did the same thing, but other 48 Hours and New Amsterdam have been fine.
New Poster

OK then ---- I will log the particulars you requested when it happenes and let you know

Official Employee

Sounds good. Can you also log/report the time that you notice this happen within the episode? I understand it seems to be just before the commercial cut. In order to effectively zero in on the problem, that would help a lot. I don't need every example throughout any given episode, just a couple would be great. I believe I am seeing what you're seeing. It looks like a brief delay. I noticed it occur about 7 minutes and 45 seconds into Season 1 Episode 13 of New Amsterdam and again at about 28 minutes and 18 seconds into that same episode. If you could confirm that is where you're seeing it to, I can definitely pass this information along. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

On that episode in particular, it freezes immediately at the commercial that starts the show. I hit exit, and resume, and the show starts.
At the next commercial break, it goes black, and doesn’t exactly freeze, as the time continues moving. However it doesn’t return to the show, staying black, unless I hit exit and then resume.
Regular Visitor

On the 48 hours, it happens coming back from commercial at 7:40 something. Again, the time continues to roll, but the screen is frozen.
Official Employee

Do you use our older Legacy equipment or are you on our X1 platform?

New Poster

On demand froze on Good Girls tonight and on The Enemy Within last night. I watch the last 4 episodes of Dateline yesterday with no freezing 🤷🏻‍♀️
Official Employee

Was it just once, or throughout? If you replay the episode, does the program inhibit that symptom consistently during that same time interval within the program?

New Poster

Same here. Veronica Mars pilot streampix. This is not the only show. It happens daily...Netflix, prime apps, on demand shows. Picture freezes on top of active channel. Channel active and playing but with on demand info frozen over it. Remote does NOT work in any capacity. Only freezes on the DVR box, smaller boxes, most of the time, function normally.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the freezing problem as well.  I am using X1.  It happends for me only in On Demand.  It is happening almost every day.  It happens on different shows on different channels.  There seems to be no pattern.  It happened last night on Projectd Runway.  I restarted it and it didn't happen the next time.  Then I watched a special on Princess Meghan and it happened there as well.  Very frustrating.  It has been going on for weeks now.