Community Forum

On Demand Freezes During Commercials

New Poster

On Demand Freezes During Commercials

I'm so glad I looked at the forum.  This has been happening for over a month.  I'm so done with cable.  On demand freezes constantly during commercials whey I try to catch up on my Bravo shows.  I'm done.  Streaming is the way to go goodbye T.V. it was a great 56 years but my Smart TV is calling me.....

Contributor

Re: On Demand Freezes During Commercials

I just started having issues with On Demand in the last week involving repetitive freezing.  It's at its absolute worst on NBC, streaming through my X1 box on my tv.  We are talking freezeup after every commercial, requiring me to exit On Demand, go to "Last", choose the On Demand show, and continue.  

Interestingly, I noticed that the elapsed time continues to tick away although the video is frozen and there is no audio.  This appears to be a legit issue somewhere in the Comcast / NBC integration.  Showtime, Cinemax, and other streams so far not exhibiting this problem.

So heads up to your developers in case this is not in the queue for the next patch.

Contributor

More info for developers:

Even more interesting, I left it alone after the latest freeze / stop.  The timer continued going 30 more minutes to the end, marked it "watched" although nothing was streaming through to my tv screen.

Before you ask, yes, the box has gone through a system refresh self-initiated through the MyConnect app.

Contributor

Update:  Tried watching same show through Stream app, zero freezes (interestingly, zero inserted commercials - so seems obvious where the problem lies... in the code inserting and returning from commercials)