Community Forum

On Demand Fitness Workout Shows

Regular Visitor

On Demand Fitness Workout Shows

Why did Comcast discontinue the Fitness Workouts that were On Demand even two weeks ago??!

New Poster

Re: On Demand Fitness Workout Shows

I have lost them also. They are still in on demand section that says they are free withnsubscription, have asked tech support what subscription Imneed yo get them, but they are cluless.
New Poster

I just went to "on demand" to do one of my workouts and saw that all of the 6 workouts I have been  doing the past year have been removed.  Comcast what is going on with your service????

Regular Visitor

Comcast sees that you are accessing the workouts frequently...and they see an opportunity to charge you for them.  Bait and Switch...

Regular Visitor

and I have lost them also.  It seems that Comcast monitors usage...and when something is accessed frequently....it gets locked/blocked/deleated....and becomes an extra fee item...bait and switch. 

Official Employee

ltdcollins wrote:

Why did Comcast discontinue the Fitness Workouts that were On Demand even two weeks ago??!

Apologies for this issue.

We are aware of the lack of videos from Kendra Kemerley in our Sports & Fitness On Demand options.

This is not intended and is unexpected. This is a technical issue on our end and our teams have been working to restore this popular On Demand programming.

Our current expectation is that these videos will be available On Demand on Friday.

Thanks for your patience.

Official Employee

In most areas this content is now available. If it is not available yet, it should be there on Friday.

Thanks again for your patience.  

New Poster

Re: On Demand Fitness Workout Shows- CANCELED!

As of June 17 2014, the fitness options on Comcast On Demand have drastically been reduced! The Sculpting sections and Weight Training sections, among many others have been completely deleted! Also, some of the workouts that used to be free, now have a fee. This is awful! With no warning, no heads-up and no advanced notice , a lot of my favorite workouts are now gone! This is some straight up BS. I pay way too much to not have my opinion and consumership valued by this company. You guys have got to do better. PLEASE bring back the fitness channels you so unceremoniously got rid of!
New Poster

Re: On Demand Fitness Workout Shows/ON DEMAND Fitness Channels - What Happened????

OMG! Last night, I turned on the television to do my daily workout in the Fitness section in OnDemand. I got the most unfortunate shock of my life to find that everything has changed. What gives Comcast???? So many of my favorite categories are gone! In particular, I was coming to workout from the Weight Training section. The whole section (and 30-40 workout options with it) have been deleted!! 

Added in the place of several categories are now pay-only workouts. What in the heck is wrong with you people at Comcast?? You have like, THE WORST customer service etiquette Ever! As expensive as this cable service is monthly, how Dare you not give your customers the common Courtesy of a heads-up before you up and make drastic changes like this??? I am so annoyed and irritated and quitre frankly Disgusted at this totally classless organization. The nerve of removing 80% of the free workouts you offered and replacing them with all pay-for-workouts.

In particular, I really loved the Weight training and Sculpt sections. Now, what do I do? I enjoyed the luxury of working out in my own home, not having to go to a gym, or die in sweltering hit, or drown in rain, or have to worry about any of the elements at all b/c I had my own little built-in gym @ home centered around Comcast's generous offerings.

Please for the love God, bring back those workout stations!! Some people Actually swear by them. :-(

New Poster

The free on demand fitness videos was a favorite feature that Comcast offered. Why didn't Comcast alert it's customers about this change to the On Demand service?  I am looking into other options!

Frequent Visitor

I too loved these workouts and just spent 3 HOURS on the phone waiting for a supervisor who had NO CLUE that these were gone.  And just to add insult to injury, I got my bill today and they raised my bill by $20 because my "promotional" period was over so take away the free programs that I LOVED and then charge me more for less.  I am checking into Verizon tomorrow .  Comcast this is unbelievable.  

New Poster

I too, am unbelievably upset by these actions. Part of the reason for justifying the extreme cost of your service is not having to pay for a gym. Now I'm locked in a contract, no gym membership and having to deal with horrible customer service. I don't understand how a cable provider who has been in the media so much lately for customer service issues could continue to suck, for lack of better words. Completely disappointed! Bad move comcast, bad move.
New Poster

A month ago, I called too and was told that Comcast was in negotiations with the distributor. Frustrated, I tried On Demand again the next day and discovered that when I went to On Demand -->Sports and Fitness --> Fitness Workouts --> Cardio --> select 'show all' and chose the programs with word titles and a default picture (not the instructor), the video does indeed play. Try it and good luck!

Regular Visitor

i found a lot of free workouts by doing a search on "Cardio" several popped up. looks like the problem is they do not have them assigned to a category such as Fitness like they used to, they are there but not in any assigned group.