Community Forum

On Demand Error CL-17

Regular Visitor

On Demand Error CL-17

My On Demand has not worked for over a week and I get a CL-17 message. I have unplugged the box to try to reset it and had a new signal sent through the Xfinity app. I cannot find a button to send a private message for help. Do I need to replace my cable box to fix this problem?

Official Employee

Re: On Demand Error CL-17

Hello, meldbarn. 

Thanks for reaching out to us for support with this issue. I would be more than happy to review your situation and help you to be able to watch on demand again. 

Forum users must make a minimum of 1 post before they will be able to private message anyone. You should be able to send messages now so please send me a PM with your first and last name so that I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I switched boxes but it didn’t help. Had a tech come out and he adjusted the filter on the outside box which solved the problem.
New Poster

thank you!

Official Employee

meldbarn, I'm glad I was able to assist you in getting your on demand working again.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need assistance again in the future. We are always here to help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!