Community Forum

On Demand: Confusing fee or free for subscribed networks

Silver Problem Solver

On Demand: Confusing fee or free for subscribed networks

Although I recorded the newest Season 4 Episode 1 of "Schitt's Creek" on Pop, it is only SD since Comcast refuses to carry Pop HD. I wanted to watch the HD version on OnDemand, but ran into a confusing mess.

On my non-X1 box, going "By Network" to Pop did not show any season 4. Going by alphabetical program listings, I did find it, but it was a $2.99 charge!! I then tried the Xfinity Stream on my Roku, and it was available for free in HD.

What is going on? Why is there suddenly charges for a real cable box, but not my Roku? I thought that the Roku XfinityStream, X1, and non-X1 all used the same OnDemand database based on a reply from a Comcast rep awhile ago.

Official Employee

Re: On Demand: Confusing fee or free for subscribed networks

Hi andyross, I can look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

New Poster

Re: On Demand: Confusing fee or free for subscribed networks

I am having the same issue. Im not sure why I’d have to pay $2.99 per on demand episode for a channel included in my subscription. I’m having to watch season 4 on the xfinity stream app on my iPad instead of my actual tv. It’s extremely frustrating.