Community Forum

ON demand stopped working

Regular Visitor

ON demand stopped working

I was watching a tv show on demand, I paused it, and when I tried to start up again it stopped working.  I cannot get on demand for anything.  Umplugged and plugged it, did reset and nothing.  I changed my plan three days ago and spent over 8 hours on the phone, on line and in person at a store, talking with over 5 people,  trying to get hbo (that has been fixed finally), and getting my internet network back which an on line employee changed, and I still don't have a green light on my router as it flashes orange, but it works.  Then my wifi would not let me access my nook, and I Fixed that.  But now I have no On Demand.  I have been with xfinity/comcast over 34 years but about ready to switch.  Since I changed my plan it has been nothing but a big headache. Why can't I get on demand now?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: ON demand stopped working

Welcome to the Forums, I can take a look at your On-demand if you would like. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem here.  The on demand show plays for about 35 to 45 seconds then freezes for 3 to 5 seconds then a completely black screen on tv then starts playing agaon , does this contuniously.  The sp i talked with agreed the problem was with comcasts backend .  The regular tv channles work just fine,.  Problems seem similiar.

Regular Visitor

Oh i forgot the sp person said i needed to have the internet up and running for the on demand to work right.

Official Employee

Hello, JMy1.

Are you still having troubles with you're On-Demand freezing? Please let me know and I'd be more than happy to assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

droberts104,  as we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!