Community Forum

ON demand stopped working

Regular Visitor

ON demand stopped working

I was watching a tv show on demand, I paused it, and when I tried to start up again it stopped working.  I cannot get on demand for anything.  Umplugged and plugged it, did reset and nothing.  I changed my plan three days ago and spent over 8 hours on the phone, on line and in person at a store, talking with over 5 people,  trying to get hbo (that has been fixed finally), and getting my internet network back which an on line employee changed, and I still don't have a green light on my router as it flashes orange, but it works.  Then my wifi would not let me access my nook, and I Fixed that.  But now I have no On Demand.  I have been with xfinity/comcast over 34 years but about ready to switch.  Since I changed my plan it has been nothing but a big headache. Why can't I get on demand now?

Official Employee

Re: ON demand stopped working

Welcome to the Forums, I can take a look at your On-demand if you would like. Please send me a private message verifying your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem here.  The on demand show plays for about 35 to 45 seconds then freezes for 3 to 5 seconds then a completely black screen on tv then starts playing agaon , does this contuniously.  The sp i talked with agreed the problem was with comcasts backend .  The regular tv channles work just fine,.  Problems seem similiar.

Regular Visitor

Oh i forgot the sp person said i needed to have the internet up and running for the on demand to work right.

Official Employee

Hello, JMy1.

Are you still having troubles with you're On-Demand freezing? Please let me know and I'd be more than happy to assist you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

droberts104,  as we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.