Community Forum

ON DEMAND

Frequent Visitor

ON DEMAND

Trying to watch 2/8 episode of Bill Maher on HBO and it plays for 4 or 5 minutes then just shuts down. 

Official Employee

Re: ON DEMAND

Hello @19mark55, thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention! I am not able to duplicate this issue on my end, to confirm are you still experiencing this on your end? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yea still does it.  The show is over a week old now so I don't really care.  I've been with comcast for over 25 years and have finally resolved myself to the fact that this type of service is just the best that you can do.  I'll be finding a new provider this summer.

Official Employee

19mark55, sorry to hear that this on-demand error is causing frustration. I'd be happy to take a look further. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can look into this issue. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It was an episode of Bill Maher that aired on 2/8 that would play for about 4 minutes then quit.  It's a current events based program and may have been fixed by now. I don't even know or care if it is since the succeeding program has already run.  What agitates me is that On Demand programs are hit and miss as to which episodes of any program may or may not be available.  I know it has gotten worse over that last couple of years.  It is suppose to be part of the package me or anybody else pays for.  When ever I have complained in the past all I hear is "Well we only play what the networks send us."  Well I don't pay the networks.  I pay Comcast.  You should at least tell people what they are paying for.

Also my service goes through periods where it freezes up for a few seconds. It does it often for a few weeks then may go a couple months not doing it before it starts again.  I don't know how many service techs have been out here and no one can fix it. 

Official Employee

19mark55, thanks for your feedback. While you do pay Comcast to view on-demand content, is it up to the network to designate which content is paid content and which is included. 

If you're getting freezing on your cable boxes, that is not working as intended. You may have some signal leakage on the line which can be accommodated at the home. I encourage to ensure that the coaxial cable into your boxes and then into the wall are in nice and tight. You'd be surprised how much a loose cable can impact service!