Community Forum

ON DEMAND Hallmark Channel

New Poster

ON DEMAND Hallmark Channel

two shows on Hallmark channel are loaded incorrectly.  They are loaded as widescreen.  When Calls the Heart  and Meet The Peets.  Very hard to watch.  Please fix.  No way to zoom the picture.

Admin1

Re: ON DEMAND Hallmark Channel

Hi kabarth1953 -- I checked on these assets and they are loaded correctly. Both of those programs are formatted for widescreen viewing. You can try adjusting the aspect ratio of your TV by following the steps in this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-aspect-troubleshooting

New Poster

I don’t agree with your answer. I watch hundreds of shows on Demand and When Calls the Heart on Halmark is the only one that is squashed down to one quarter the size of the screen.

Bill

New Poster

Mine too. Watching on the laptop and half her head is cut off. It’s so small.
Regular Visitor

Same here.  Meet the Peetes is the only show I watch On Demand that has this problem ... which makes it basically unwatchable.

Admin1

Hello All -- I tested both When Calls the Heart and Meet the Peetes. There was no issue with either show. Please provide screen shots to confirm the issues you're experiencing with these programs. 

Regular Visitor

Meet the Peetes is fixed now.

Admin1

KLM24fan -- Thank you for confirming. Please provide the requested screen shots for any other program you find with this problem. 

Regular Visitor

The lastest episode of Meet the Peetes (presumably uploaded overnight) is back to being squashed again ... older episodes are still ok.  DSCF5622.jpg

New Poster

I have the same problem and it has only happened on when calls the heart.

Admin1

KLM24fan -- Thank you for providing this screen shot. This is very helpful for understanding your issue. The issue you're having is that you're loading an HD program on an TV that doesn't support HD. The HD selection for Meet the Peetes broadcasts in 16:9 Widescreen format. That will cause the screen to display the way your screen shot shows. This program has an SD option. When you select the program you'll have Ways To Watch. Push the arrow over to switch from Free HD to Free SD. Give that a try to see if it fills the whole screen. 

Regular Visitor

On every instance of this happening, I HAVE chosen "Free SD" -- that's what it defaults to when I click to watch any show on demand.  As an SD customer, I can't watch HD content even if I want to -- I get a message that says "You'll need to add HD service to view this program ... ", and that's the end of it.  I've never once been able to view any HD program on this tv, squashed or otherwise.  It sounds more like the HD version is being loaded as an SD option which allows SD customers to view the distorted picture. 

On the plus side, the latest "Meet the Peetes" is fixed again, so something is obviously changing between the initial upload and a few days later.

Admin1

KLM24fan -- It is possible that Hallmark is giving us only the HD version first before giving us the SD version. Having only the HD option will cause that issue as well. 

Regular Visitor

Sounds like it.  But then these would be the only cases that I've heard of where I as an SD customer can view (squashed) HD programming.