Community Forum

No free on demand movies all are netflix scam

New Poster

No free on demand movies all are netflix scam

When i try to watch free movies on demand i get a netflix membership sign up window, i can rarely find a free movie on demand anymore, that is not what i signed up for, i feel like i am getting scam now by comcast xfinity, how can i get rid of netflix movies on the free on demand movies? netflix is not free!
Expert

Re: No free on demand movies all are netflix scam

I suspect you would find more free movies on On Demand (standard cable version). It seems you are choosing newer movies which can be found only on Netflix on the broad-band version of On Demand. I would think everyone knows that Netflix has a monthly fee that would include a certain number of free movies. Other movies that are much newer would cost more. There is no "scam" going on here. The notice you see is just letting you know that you need to join Netflix to see certain "free" movies Netflix has at this particular time.

New Poster

Wrong!  The free movies are mostly Netflix, very few are 'free' at all, only very old movies that everyone's seen.

I complained to Comcast about this very issue, and they were rude in answering my concerns.

I looked up Paul Newman Movies, check that out, they are ALL 'rent or buy'  A Rip Off for certain.

Valued Contributor

Without a Netflix filter, it is nearly impossible to find real free movies On Demand anymore.  I'm still very upset over this.  I want Netflix out of the Free area.  They are a paid premium subscription service.  This isn't even their basic plan, this Is Netflix's 2 tier subscription plan.  That's completely unacceptable.  Everything you click on in the Free section just throws you to Netflix now.  That is not free.  And I'm not paying extra to get a Netflix account.  I'm more likely to drop the whole Xfinity tv service and go with another company simply because this upsets me that much.