Community Forum

No On Demand Service - "ERROR 14"

New Poster

No On Demand Service - "ERROR 14"

Getting ... ON Demand Service - "ERROR 14"

Dont see any solutions...

Tier 1, cant help

Tier 2, Same... Pull Power from box and wait 30sec... prw back on... nothing... 

This is happening with both Cisco boxes here. One is a DVR, the other just a converter.

Does anyone have a answer as to why this isnt working? I read another forum thread, about the box can not get an IP address... The tech is communicating with each box... so if true, then it has an IP address... WTH?

Very dissapointed.

New Poster

Re: No On Demand Service - "ERROR 14"

I've had the same problem for over a week. I was on line with tech chat tonight for an hour rebooting and having them send signals to my box.  They were unable to help me and scheduled a tech person to come out on a saturday.

I tried to tighten the coax cables also.  That was another thing I read on these forums too.  That didn't help.  I will be calling comcast the day before my scheduled appointment to make sure the tech guy brings a new box with him in case that's the problem.  I don't want to have to schedule another visit.

I will be watching these forums in the meantime to see if there is ever an explanation for how this is fixed.

Good luck!

Admin1

Hi 00BigBuy00 & OysterHo22 -- ERR-14 indicates a communication error with the On Demand server. This is generally a symptom of poor signal levels. A tech is needed to resolve this issue when standard troubleshooting procedures don't correct it. 

Valued Contributor

OysterHo22 wrote:

I've had the same problem for over a week. I was on line with tech chat tonight for an hour rebooting and having them send signals to my box.  They were unable to help me and scheduled a tech person to come out on a saturday.

I tried to tighten the coax cables also.  That was another thing I read on these forums too.  That didn't help.  I will be calling comcast the day before my scheduled appointment to make sure the tech guy brings a new box with him in case that's the problem.  I don't want to have to schedule another visit.

I will be watching these forums in the meantime to see if there is ever an explanation for how this is fixed.

Good luck!

I had that issue before upgrading my services. The only solution for me was to upgrade the box to a newer model. Once that was done, the error was gone.

New Poster

This happened to me last year, tech come out, finally found out it was the filter on the outside pole on the street, fixed.  Now it’s happened again after I saw the trucks come out for someone else.  I’ve had my cable box for a long time, don’t understand why they can’t upgrade their customers