Community Forum

Netflix causing reduced On Demand Functionality without an additional purchase

New Poster

Netflix causing reduced On Demand Functionality without an additional purchase

As a part of my package I thought I purchased with Comcast my kids were able to watch previous seasons of shows on demand. Now, without notice, we will have to purchase additional service through netflix to continue watching these shows.

Does Comcast plan to compensate customers for this decrease in service to offset the additional cost of netflix required?

Expert

Re: Netflix causing reduced On Demand Functionality without an additional purchase

Have you been paying for Netfix in the past?

If "yes" and you have a smart tv, I would think you should be able to use the Netfix app on your smart tv. Try using the app that way instead of through the X1 cable-box.

New Poster

Re: Netflix causing reduced On Demand Functionality without an additional purchase

This is terrible. So in order to access any show I used to thru OnDemand I MUST now be a Netflix customer?? Beyond aggravated if this stands
New Poster

I totally agree! It's ridiculous! $240 a month and they are taking away features?! Especially since I suddenly lost a whole bunch of episodes and now I have to pay for then if I want to watch them. Might be a good time to cut the cord . . .
Regular Visitor

Totally agree with this, I find this to be a huge let down. Now instead of offering a large catolog of programming to our children we are now shown a large catalog we can not watch because its through netflix. I'm already over paying for cable, and don't plan on using Netflix. 

Frequent Visitor

Has anyone been told there will be a solution or offered any compensation for this problem? I have been told they “are working on it”, that “there will be a solution”, but that they don’t know when this will happen. Has anyone reported the issue to a regulatory agency? Thanks.