Community Forum

Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece (PBS) missing

Problem Solver

Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece (PBS) missing

What's going on with PBS's Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece  episode 1? It was available via cable On Demand on April 1, the day after it aired live, but now it is missing.  The content is listed on Xfinity Stream as Watch Now, but there is no episode information nor link to actually play the show. 

On Demand Team: please look into this ASAP as Masterpiece shows are typically available for only 13 days, regardless of when the error (on either end) is corrected.

Contributor

Re: Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece (PBS) missing

Comcast, if you're listening, I hope you can find the missing Episodes 1 and 2 of Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece.  I'm sure you will be rewarded greatly by the viewing public.  It was there OnDemand on Monday, so I know you have it.  Why it was taken down, I have no idea.

Problem Solver

As SortaSour points out, the missing content is Episodes 1 and 2 - PBS aired them together as one program - and Episode 3 will air this Sunday, April 7.

When the show was briefly available via cable On Demand on April 1, it had an "available until" date of 04/13/2019.

An update from the On Demand Team would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

Hello All, thanks for reaching out about this Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece on PBS episode and bringing this to our attention. I am showing the first episode of this show aired on 3/31/19 and should be available. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused, and I have passed along this information to the correct team. We appreciate your patience while we get this corrected on our end. In the meantime, if you did not see already, this episode will be airing again on Monday 4/8/19 for you to view. Thank you and please let me know if I can be of any other assistance in the meantime. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

The episode that is airing on April 8th is Episode 3. Please upload the missing content which was previously available and has since been removed.
New Poster

Reply said Mrs Wilson 1 and 2 would be aired on 4/8 however it is not on the guide nor can it be located via search. So ?
Problem Solver

In my viewing region, there is a second PBS station that will air episodes 1 & 2 on Monday the 8th.  I don't think that's true for everyone.

Hopefully, with the premier of Unforgotten tonight, all the Masterpiece shows and episodes will be available.  Fingers crossed....

New Poster

I was able to watch episode one, but there was no episode two. Now I can watch episode three, but was never able to see episode two, even though it supposedly aired with episode one...

Very frustrating. I have so many more problems of various sorts with Xfinity streaming vs. with Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. I really don't know why I bother. So now I will go pay for episode two on Amazon when I already pay for Xfinity; double whammy!

I think I will go back to basic cable and just pay for other streamoing services which do not have all the myriad issues that you seem to have. This is not the first time I have been unable to stream something I pay for on Xfinity and have given up and just paid for it on Amazon or Netflix...

Super annoying.

Frequent Visitor

This happened with Victoria and may be a PBS issue. As I had previously posted in the Victoria issue forum, I watched the missing episodes of Victoria at PBS.org on my laptop, and I'm going to do the same for Mrs. Wilson Part 1, since it is still missing, and PBS is also saying available until April 13. Found the website on my laptop, and all 3 are available to watch. Glad to know my $200 a month is paying for shows that aren't showing up.
Regular Visitor

Any update on this?  As of last evening - only Ep 3 was available on Demand - We would like to start from the beginning.

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello All, thanks for reaching out about this Mrs. Wilson on Masterpiece on PBS episode and bringing this to our attention. I am showing the first episode of this show aired on 3/31/19 and should be available. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may have caused, and I have passed along this information to the correct team. We appreciate your patience while we get this corrected on our end. In the meantime, if you did not see already, this episode will be airing again on Monday 4/8/19 for you to view. Thank you and please let me know if I can be of any other assistance in the meantime. 

Official Employee

Hello All, this information has been forwarded to the correct team and we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience while we get this corrected on our end as well. We will reach out ASAP with any updates received or when this has been resolved. Thank you! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Regardless of how/who/where the error occurred and when it'll be fixed, the content will be available only through this Saturday, April 13th.

On Demand Team, your urgency will be most appreciated.

Official Employee

Hi all, 

I see that the episode is no longer on demand and has a next air date of 4/16. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can contact the on demand team with your account details.

KenF 

Regular Visitor

Not sure it is account specific - it appears to be a Comcast/Xfinity problem.

Just refer it and fix it.

Official Employee

Regardless of how/who/where the error occurred and when it'll be fixed, the content will be available only through this Saturday, April 13th.

On Demand Team, your urgency will be most appreciated

I agree. But I need account info to send to engineering so they have a base point for reference. 

KenF

Contributor

Why does this keep happening with PBS programs? Usually, you folks at Comcast blame PBS. I can't see that being the case now since Mrs. Wilson was available On Demand and suddenly vanished. Looking forward to NOT seeing Endeavor and other summer PBS programs On Demand.
Official Employee

Hi Rosedale, we won't know exactly what caused this issue until we hear back from the team that works on these issues. Once we have more information we'll be sending out an update. -Sean

Problem Solver

DAY 10  SortaSour reported this problem on April 3rd and there has been no resolution.  As often as this issue rears its ugly head, the On Demand Team should be practiced at fixing it - perhaps even a documented SOP for them to follow to get the content in the correct format and loaded to the server.

There is only ONE MORE DAY before the episode(s) expire.   I am looking forward to being a Happy Customer as the weekend begins; please do not disappoint.

Problem Solver

Well, Comcast, you blew it - complete failure.  The On Demand Team needs to do better.  I am now looking forward to the posting of their apologies.

Problem Solver

@Bulkington wrote:

Well, Comcast, you blew it - complete failure.  The On Demand Team needs to do better.  I am now looking forward to the posting of their apologies.

Even though PBS appears to be an outlier situation for the On Demand team this past year...and even if the root cause issues are PBS’ fault...surely from a customer service angle, Comcast should feel by now (given the high frequency of missing PBS episodes) that better communication to customers On said matters should be rendered.

For example, give us more detailed information that we customers can use in calling PBS to complain.  

But in this  instance, where folks said the episodes were initially posted then removed, was it PBS’ fault?  I’d alert the senior customer service rep who reached out to me on another matter several months ago to comment on this, but he remained silent last time I reached out, so I don’t think I have that option any longer.

Admin1

Hello All -- We spoke with our On Demand team about Mr.s Wilson on Masterpiece. They apologize as they were unable to obtain an updated file from PBS to restore these episodes. We are unable to restore these episodes at this time due to the programming rights expiring. We can have them available On Demand should PBS choose to restore the programming rights. That will ultimately be their decision. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

New Poster

Will Comcast credit my account for their failure to provide programming of Mrs. Wilson?  How should I proceed to receive a reimbursement?  Susan