Community Forum

Missing recent Fox shows

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Missing recent Fox shows

Here are some screen shots, showing that Monday 19th November airing of 9-1-1 Ep 9 is missing from SD/HD On Demand. And Ep 8 missing for HD. The next two show that the Monday 5th November airing of The Resident Ep 7 is missing both SD/HD. I double-checked the Nielsen site to be sure these shows all did air; they did.

Nothing to do with cable boxes, so perhaps one of the Comcast staff members could show these to the On Demand team directly. Thanks!

P.S. Oh yes...there have been multiple recent threads that I think have seen some confusion. Hoping we can get that sorted out...OK, there always are ORIGINAL-FILES that expire 3-to-7 days after being posted. But the EPISODE has *not* expired. It is just instead the case that the REPLACEMENT-FILE (less commercials) has failed to be posted.
454A0093-C707-4727-8E53-12C2D39E1D54.jpeg
CED3898B-0E91-46B1-B59D-EF06F4AD7B80.jpeg
4A6970F3-9F32-4F0C-8E7E-F7653CB40A15.jpeg
88C83BBB-D923-49D0-9936-875BEFAB016D.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: Missing recent Fox shows

Hello ForrestS, thanks for reaching out about this On Demand concern and I can assist you! I am not able to duplicate this on my end. Just to be sure it wasn't corrected on yours, can you please check again and see if you are still experiencing this? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

I can confirm that the episodes/formats noted are missing from cable On Demand. 

Official Employee

@ Thanks, I am not showing any known issues reported, so I would like to take a further look. Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Amira: sounds like you’re looking at the online listings, where the episodes do all appear. I’m talking about the more important TV (SD & HD) listings.

(I say the TV listings are more important because many if not all of the big networks make their stuff available online by signing into your Comcast account. I.e., there are alternatives to view online that don’t exist for doing On Demand over the (non-smart) TV.)
Official Employee

@ForrestS & @Bulkington, my apologies for misunderstanding and thanks for confirming. I will have this further looked into and reach out with any updates provided. Please let me know if this gets corrected on your end in the meantime. 

New Poster

I too am having the same problem where I can not watch these shows on demand on the tv and does not list in the tv listings. The episode of the resident aired at least two weeks ago, I dont understand how Comcast hasnt fixed this much less hasnt even noticed it.

Official Employee

Hello @njerrico, thanks for reaching out and confirming that you are also experiencing this on your end. We are further looking into this and will provide an update as soon as possible.

To everyone, we truly appreciate your patience! 

Problem Solver

Some progress...

911 Ep 8 in HD is now available in addition to the SD content.

The Resident Ep 7 in SD (but not HD) is available.

911 Ep 9 (SD & HD) remains missing.

Admin1

Bulkington -- Good to hear that some progress has been made. I've sent episode 9 over to On Demand support for further assistance. 

New Poster

Missing 209 on mine as well, hopefully 210 will be there also. (just aired tonight)

Official Employee

BlueTech - To confirm, this was for 9-1-1 or another show? A new episode can take some time to become available, however, I want to make sure we're on track with our On Demand team! 

Problem Solver

As of now, the only missing episode is 9-1-1 episode 9, that aired Nov 19. But only missing from TV not online On Demand. See screenshots.
19EC35F4-C5CE-44FB-A8BB-9CA2A438DE6D.png
855BF339-E812-4608-8D20-472EF51B64A1.jpeg
FC99090F-CAFC-4A7E-9874-0DE539E077FB.jpeg
Official Employee

Thanks ForrestS! This has been raised with the video team and we're awaiting an update. Will follow up here once new information is available. 

Problem Solver

911 Ep 9 is now available (as is last night's fall finale, Ep 10). Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Thank you for the update, Bulkington. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Problem Solver

Yes, time to close this out, as the 9-1-1 and Resident episodes have been posted.

A final word, though. This thread was a continuation of a prematurely closed thread. RE: that thread: customers are not wasting Comcast phone rep time unnecessarily when complaining about missing recent episodes. If reps are spending inordinate extra time sending refresh signals to cable boxes in such situations, rather than aiding customers in more fruitful ways, then let Comcast Management and Tech Leadership better educate the phone reps on On Demand matters. Box resets solve some problems, but we customers do not deserve chastisement when inexperienced reps futilely try to solve these kinds of issues in that manner. Customers are not the time-wasters when that occurs. Nuff said on that. The End.
Official Employee

ForrestS, we understand and we will forward that feedback for you. Usually a ticket gets put in by an agent and us, but while we're working on that ticket a refresh is automatically sent as a just in case. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. -Sean