Community Forum

Missing Episodes

Frequent Visitor

Missing Episodes

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is missing episodes 8-10. I thought it would be available until the middle of February.

Expert

Re: Missing Episodes

hi, I moved your post to the on-demand area of the forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Yes, this is strange. BBC America show Dirk Gently was supposed to be on until Feb. 14. Now it's trying to make you buy the final two shows through AMC. So what happened that BBCA's free version was taken off and AMC's pay version is now up? That's wrong.

Contributor

All right. Getting tired of this getting ignored. I'm going to bump it one more time and if it doesn't get a response, I'll keep opeing new threads until we get one.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello all,

We upload the content provided to us by the networks. It's up to the network to provide a free content or set up a purchase/rent price. The Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency content is provided by AMC. 

Contributor

Well, can you tell us why it was supposed to be free until Feb. 14 on BBCA and now it's pay on AMC? I mean, if you can't get the date right, or even the network correct, what good is it to even post a date? If I see something is on until Feb. 14, I assume it will stay that way.

To change the rules up in the middle of a show's on-demand run is a good way to chase away customers. We're almost at that point.

Official Employee

@ellgee_49 - My apologies for the inconvenience but as I mentioned before, we don't have a control over the network's content. I checked the Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency licensing information and the expiration date for a free access from BBC has been expired on January 15th. At this point, the Season 2 is provided by AMC only. However, the online content for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on tv.xfinity.com provided by BBC America is free for Episodes 1-7. 

We don't change any rules simply because we don't own the content. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Contributor

No questions. But I can tell you my On Demand said it was free until Feb. 14, including the final two episodes. Then I checked about a week ago and gone. Seems like it should have read Jan. 14 instead of Feb.

But that's just a guess on my part.

Contributor

And please note, I did not accuse You of changing the rules, I said To change the rules. That applies to Xfinity, BBCA, AMC or whoever does it.

Official Employee

@ellgee_49 - I fully understand your point, believe me. I'm a customer as well and I wish that only new movies will have rent/buy charge. Could you please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number? I think I have a solution for you for this particular case.