Community Forum

King of King movie is cut

Contributor

King of King movie is cut

I was watching King of Kings on on-demand and the movie cut off right when Peter was denying Jesus. I think movie was put on on-demand by TCM it has the beginning and ending commentaries like you would see if watching on the channel itself. The movie cuts right from Peter denying Jesus to the ending commentary by Ben Mankiewicz. The last 20-30 minutes is missing!
Official Employee

Re: King of King movie is cut

Hi, Warbler94. Thanks for posting to report this, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. It's a big bummer that the ending didn't play, we are sorry for the inconvenience and will see what we can do to fix it. Typically we partner with the network provider and request an upload of a correctly edited version of the movie. However, I tried to duplicate this on my end and the end of the movie is working for me. Did you watch this in on demand on our older Legacy equipment or on our newer X1 Platform? Did you watch it in HD or SD? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I was watching on my ruku using the beta xfinity streaming  app.  It was HD.  I also just double checked it by going to ondemand on my cable box which I believe is an X1 cable box.   The movie is cut there as well.  If you fast foward to  the 2 hour 9 minute 25 second mark, you with see the movie cut right from Peter denying Christ to the ending commentary from Ben Mankiewicz.  Becareful that you are picking the right King of Kings, there is also a silent movie version,  the version I am talking about is the sound verion made in 1961 staring Jeffrey Hunter.       

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, Warbler94. Thanks for posting to report this, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. It's a big bummer that the ending didn't play, we are sorry for the inconvenience and will see what we can do to fix it. Typically we partner with the network provider and request an upload of a correctly edited version of the movie. However, I tried to duplicate this on my end and the end of the movie is working for me. Did you watch this in on demand on our older Legacy equipment or on our newer X1 Platform? Did you watch it in HD or SD? 

Contributor

I just used my phone to record it happening on my tv.  I can try to text or email the video to you if you want.

Official Employee

I appreciate the clarification. Yes, I am viewing the 1961 version as well. Would you mind uploading your clip? That would be helpful, thanks. If it doesn't work publicly, feel free to send me a PM with the upload instead and it should go through successfully, as long as the file isn't excessively large. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

It doesn't seem like it wants to let me post the file on here.    Do you have an email or text number that I could send it to?

Contributor

I managed to upload the file to youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abcjH34Tpao&feature=youtu.be

Official Employee

Thanks again for the upload and you're exactly right, it shouldn't be doing that. Are you sure you're using our X1 equipment? I'm able to play the entire movie on my end at home. It could be that you live in a different area and have a different on demand feed as well. May I ask which model of remote you have? If it's X1 it would be an XR2, XR5, XR11, XR15. If you know the model of the cable box you use, that would help too. The My Account app can be a good resource for identifying information that is normally labeled on the cable box itself. 

Contributor

There is nothing in the My account app that indicated what kind of device the cable box is.   On the back of the cable box it says "XG1v4-A xfinify.com/x1"   The Serial number of the device is MA1838PGD349 the Model number is AX014ANC.

Official Employee

You can go into the app and select the TV tab, then click on the box you're seeking more information on and you'll see device info at the bottom that shows the model number and serial number. Glad you found the model number either way. Keep me posted on the SD version of the movie since I'm unable to duplicate it on this end.

Contributor

I just looked at in SD, it does the same exact thing.

Official Employee

Please bear with me while I look further into this for you. I will provide you with an update soon.

Contributor

Understood.

Official Employee

Thank you for your patience. Much appreciated. 

Admin1

Hello Warbler94 -- I wanted to keep you updated that this has been given over to our On Demand support team. They have launched an investigation to see what's happening with this movie. Thank you for alerting us to this problem and for providing this YouTube link. It is very helpful to see what's happening. I will keep you updated on their progress. Thank you for your patience. 

Admin1

Hello Warbler94 -- I spoke with our On Demand team. They are interested in knowing if the version you were watching was the free version or one of the Rent/Buy options. The free version has expired however the Rent/Buy options are available. They confirmed the Rent/Buy options are working as intended. 

Contributor

It was the free version.

Official Employee

Thank you for the feedback on this. Unfortunately since the content is no longer available through TMC we are unable to contact them to get their content entry updated. I apologize for the troubles with this. 

Contributor

Well, I guess that is that, then.

Official Employee

I really wish we could do more regarding this issue. If you have any other issues our team is here for you 24/7. Feel free to contact us at any time.

Contributor

I understand.