Community Forum

Is there a way to remove netflix shows from ondemand list?

New Poster

Is there a way to remove netflix shows from ondemand list?

I recently cancelled Netflix and a few other services to justify the cost of signing up for xfinity. It turns out that many of the shows OnDemand are available only with Netflix. This has become a constant reminder to me of what a lousy choice I made. Before I cancel xfinity to return to Netflix, I am wondering if there is a way to filter out the OnDemand shows that are not truly on demand (ie only available with Netflix). I want to see what I am actually paying for.

If I re-subscribe with Netflix then I might as well cancel xfinity because Netflix has a much better interface and is much much much cheaper.  As a side note... what the heck is xfinity thinking by spending so much of its marketing budget on their competitor??

Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Is there a way to remove netflix shows from ondemand list?

customer28 wrote:

I recently cancelled Netflix and a few other services to justify the cost of signing up for xfinity. It turns out that many of the shows OnDemand are available only with Netflix. This has become a constant reminder to me of what a lousy choice I made. Before I cancel xfinity to return to Netflix, I am wondering if there is a way to filter out the OnDemand shows that are not truly on demand (ie only available with Netflix). I want to see what I am actually paying for.

If I re-subscribe with Netflix then I might as well cancel xfinity because Netflix has a much better interface and is much much much cheaper.  As a side note... what the heck is xfinity thinking by spending so much of its marketing budget on their competitor??

There is no way to separate the OnDemand content as this is integral to the programming of the menu selections.

New Poster

This is terribly frustrating when displaying the list of on-demand content.  Why are you displaying content that isn't part of Comcast's library which customers do not have.  Netflix is NOT an Xfinity premium service, it is a completely separate entity which should be access through an application.  At the very least change the interface which allows you to filter out content that is "free to me."  You should be able to select the premium channels to display within the search.  Please take the time to develop a more user friendly, customer oriented interface.

New Poster

I agree very frustrating
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone been told there will be a solution or offered any compensation for this problem? I have been told they “are working on it”, that “there will be a solution”, but that they don’t know when this will happen. Has anyone reported the issue to a regulatory agency? Thanks.